Chapter 47- Unknown Number

Start from the beginning

"Places to see, people to see. So get your arse off that bed before I change my mind and join you." He smirked, enjoying the sight of her blushed cheeks. Harper rolled off the bed, however it did not go as planned as she rolled further falling off the bed onto the floor. James scurried over, smirking instantly.

"Yes, Miss Daniels. I could f**k you on the floor too." He pointed out, a smug expression written upon his face. Harper only blushed further grumbling as she tried getting up before he held his hands out pulling her back onto her feet.

"Vulgar!" She gawked. James snorted. "Why, you like me talking dirty to you?" Harper huffed as she headed for her suitcase, feeling his presence behind her just like a lost puppy.

"First class seat on my lap, girl. Riding comfortable!" He sang, teasing as he slid her hands onto either side of her hips from behind.

"James!" She gasped as she slid away.

"What?" He chimed, with innocence and a sweet smile on his lips.

~~~

The journey back to the UK was exhausting, much to say how Harper fell asleep on James' shoulder and how even exhaustion took over him at one point.

When James woke up from his nap, he got up stretching his legs as he headed over to the mini bar pouring himself a liquor. He glanced over to Harper smiling to himself; that night he couldn't express in words how good it felt, honestly her innocence and inexperience brought something new to the plate. Perhaps it wasn't just that though, perhaps it was the real feelings he had towards her that made it completely breath-taking. His other partners were purely just for sex but with Harper it felt like it wasn't.

James stretched his hand to his back, slightly sore to the touch where her nails had clawed through. A temptress she was and this morning, had him grunting. Sure they were loud enough for the wildlife outside to hear.
He shook his head still smiling before taking a sip from the glass.

His attention was however drawn to his phone vibrating against his pocket. James took his last sip of liquor placing it back onto the bar then took his phone out of his pocket. The text was from a unknown person, as he clicked onto the message, his hands trembled causing him to drop his phone.

"Shit." He muttered under his breath. He crouched down taking another look at the message. This couldn't be happening he thought to himself. It was a picture of Harper and him practically taken without their knowledge but it was all that was needed to jeopardise the entire deal. James raked his hand through his hair with frustration picking up his phone and placing it back into his pocket. How? He was careful. Cautious not to get caught.
Harper was just waking up noticing James pace the the walkway.

"James?" She said. James came to a halt, smiling falsely as he said. "Hey. I didn't wake you, did I?"
Harper shook her head. "No. Everything okay? You were pacing."She pointed out.
"Yeah, yeah. Everything is fine. Just stretching my legs." He said.

"Okay. As long as you are." She smiled.

Arriving at the airport, everything seemed to go in a blur. James got straight into the parked car waiting for them outside without saying a word and sat resting his head against onto his hand. Samuels was first amongst them to break the silence.
"How was your trip, Sir?" He asked with his usual polite manner. James flickered his eyes to the rear mirror. "Good. Samuels after we've dropped Miss Daniels off, we need to make a quick trip to the firm." He said. Samuels only nodded turning off onto the road without saying another word.

James said nothing on the way back to Harper. He was either too intrigued from what ever was on his phone or taking phone calls he needed to call back on. Eventually Samuels pulled up back on her road and the sound of the engine died down.
"I'll get the bags." James informed Samuels as before he got out. Harper followed out with James grabbing her suitcase out heading for the front door. Harper watched as he placed it down anticipating what was to come next.
"I'm sorry we had to cut this short. Something important popped up." He muttered.