Last chapter (7)

AN: So, here it is, the final chapter! I have to admit, I was crying now and then while writing it.. Enjoy ;) Oh, and Mycroft and Victor make an appearance here. Watch out for their signature.

John
Sherlock
*Mycroft*
Victor

12:23am
You fucking idiot!

12:24am
Message not sent.

12:25am
Turn your bloody phone on!

12:26am
Message not sent.

12:27am
I'm gonna call Mycroft. I swear.

12:28am
Message not sent.

12:30am
I laughed because the two of us are such idiots and didn't notice. Don't you fucking dare to leave me right now.

12:31am
Message not sent.

12:32am
Sherlock!

12:33am
Answer!

12:34am
Message not sent.

12:35am
Message not sent.

12:36am
Call! Do something!

12:37am
Message not sent.

12:38am
Fuck it.

12:39am
Message not sent.

...

12:40am
*Incoming call*

"*Hello?*"

"Uh, hi Mycroft. It's John. Sorry that I'm calling so late."

"*John, what can I do for you?*"

"I...there was a misunderstanding between your brother and I and he turned off his phone. And I'm stuck in a hotel because of the snow. It's very important that I talk to him right now."

"*I see. I'll look if I can talk to him, if you want.*"

"I... just, uh, can you try get him on the phone? I need to talk to him myself."

"*I'll be back in a minute.*"

"Thanks."

"*...*"

"..."

"*...*"

"*I'm sorry John but he won't talk to me. I went to his room and he yelled at me to leave him alone. His phone was smashed on the floor. He shut me out. I can't do anything right now.*"

"Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck. There has to be a way. Shit. Bullocks. Fucking bloody fuck."

"*John. Language.*"

"Wait! Do you have Victor's phone number?"

"*Yes, as a matter of fact I am in possession of it.*"

"Can you give it to me?"

"*Very well, I'll send it to you now.*"

"Thanks! Gotta go, bye!"

"*Good evening John.*"

01:04am
*Call ended*

...

01:13am
Hello Victor, this is John, a... friend of Sherlock. Mycroft gave me your number. I need your help.

...

8:36am
John Watson?

8:37am
Yes.

8:38am
I've heard of you. Sherlock told me many things about his 'best friend'.

8:39am
Yeah...what exactly did he tell you?

8:41am
Nothing of importance. Can't remember that much. Something about being best friends for years and such things.

8:43am
It's just... I made a mistake, because I did something and he took it the wrong way... And I'm stuck in a hotel because of the snow and he crashed his phone and I really, really need to talk to him.

8:44am
Well how do you think I could help you? And what mistake?

8:46am
Maybe you could go to him. And I'll phone him over your phone? Because I think he wouldn't suspect I asked you for help and would be so surprised that he'd take phone.

8:47am
And about the mistake...It's kinda private. I'm not sure Sherlock would want me telling you, or anyone.

8:48am
And you really think Sherlock wouldn't get suspicious if I suddenly turn up at his place and give him my phone?

8:49am
Oh he certainly will, but it's my last hope.

8:50am
Sherlock and I are good friends. I don't think he would object to you telling me about the mistake.

8:52am
Well... I told him that I love him. And he told me that he loves me too. And then I laughed because we were pining for each other without knowing but he thought that I laughed because it was a joke and then he hung up and ... smashed his phone. And now he thinks that I was turning his feelings into a joke and that what I said was a lie.

8:53am
But it wasn't.

8:54am
I love him. So much. And it kills me that I can't tell him that what happened was a misunderstanding. Please, could you help me?

8:55am
Oh, so you love him? That's a bit unfortunate for you because I'm sure that he is far more interested in me than in someone as boring as you. I read your little texts. He made you sleep on the air mattress. I've been allowed to sleep in his bed. What's that telling you, hmmm?

8:56am
YOU FUCKER. YOU COCK.YOU BLOODY SHIT. YOU COMPLETE ARSE.

8: 57am
You have no clue.

8:57am
You don't know him like I do.

8:58am
You haven't seen him in years.

8:59am
Your swearing doesn't affect me in the slightest. Sherlock and I have been close friends since childhood. And I've been with him the last days.

9:00am
Yeah but since childhood was a long time. Nobody gets to know Sherlock Holmes for real in a few days. Nobody. I've known him for years.

9:01am
Me too. Are you really that dumb? It's a wonder Sherlock kept you around for so long.

9:02am
No you didn't. You stopped seeing him one day, probably because you found yourself a little boyfriend and he wasn't important anymore. He went to high school with me. He's still going to high school with me. We're sharing a dorm. And in all this time, he never even said your name. You. Are. Not. Important.

9:03am
You don't know him.

9:04am
Fuck off.

9:05am
With pleasure, asshole.

...

9:13am
I know you'll never read this because you smashed your fucking phone, but I'm so afraid. I'm so afraid that what Victor said is true. I'm so afraid that you don't love me. And if you love me, be sure, I know how you're feeling. I never intended to make you think it was a joke, I just was so relieved, and it was so absurd, that we could have told each other so much sooner. I just had to laugh. I couldn't stop myself. I never even got the idea that you could take it the wrong way. Sherlock please, one more miracle for me. Please message me in any way. I love you. Come back. This is killing me.

...

9:17am
There was no 'message not sent'. Can I hope?

...

6:43 pm
John...I...I got your texts. I don't know why you think that I smashed my phone... I just turned it off.
So, you weren't laughing at me? God, John, I'm sorry. I was sure of it. The evidence was all there. I obviously misinterpreted it.
Of course I... love you. Since the day we met. You are so important, John Watson, that I wouldn't know what to do if you'd leave me.
I have never loved someone before John, this is not my area of expertise, and I'm terrified. I don't know how to handle all these emotions. But John, my John.
I was so wrong.
Nothing that Victor ever said is true, and I don't know why Mycroft gave you his number.
I love you John.

6:44pm
Oh thank god.

6:45pm
*incoming call*

"I'm so sorry Sherlock."

"John, I'm the one who is sorry. You haven't done anything wrong."

"Yeah, but I shouldn't have laughed. It was just so... overwhelming."

"I overreacted. I shouldn't have. But why exactly did you think I'd smashed my phone?"

"Mycroft told me."

"Such an idiot."

"Hey, he was actually trying to help me this time!"

"He told you something that isn't true."

"But he gave me Victor's number. A mistake as it turned out."

"Victor? What did you need Victor's number for? And what did he say to you?"

"Yeah. It was silly of me trusting him, but I thought he might help me if I told him what happened and got him to go to you and give you his phone so we could talk. As it turns out he's interested in you."

"He's interested in me? But... I wasn't even nice to him. Not really. Why would he be? And why did you believe him?"

"I don't know... I just was so unsure of everything by then... I thought maybe I had interpreted our conversation wrongly."

"There is nothing between me and Victor, I swear. And never listen to anything he says again. The same goes for Mycroft."

"Okay."

"That snotty git. I'm going to make him regret that."

"Victor or Mycroft?"

"Mycroft. I don't want to ever see Victor again."

"Is it bad that I'm happy about that?"

"No. He's an idiot."

"He is."

"I can hear you smile."

"I assumed."

"..."

"As soon as the snow's away you come here first. That's the first thing you're going to do, clear?"

"Yes. Totally. I want to be at yours. Right now, in this moment."

"Fucking snow."

"Did you just say fucking?"

"Against popular believe I do use swearwords now and then. Quit giggling."

"Maybe I should take a shovel and dig my way through to you."

"My knight in shining armor."

"I love you too."

"..."

"...John? Is that snow? Are you outside? I can hear the snow crunching under your feet. And cars. Where are you?"

"Just arrived in front of your house. Open your fucking door. And hurry up, I'm freezing. I forgot my jacket."

7:13pm
*Call ended*

AN: So, that's it. I really hope you liked it! Some final things:
- Thanks so so much to Tomka for being the Sherlock here. This (not so) little roleplay of ours was the best I have ever done. Love you, dear.
- Thanks so so much also to my Beta Glynna, who has given me really good tips about writing. I hope you'll stay and beta my other works too. 
- Thanks so so so so so so much to all of you, for reading this, for suffering with me, for bearing my love of cliffhangers. You are all awesome. Please leave a review, tell me how you liked it, what you didn't like, how you thought it would end or what you think about the title ;) Thanks!

yours always
Pockethobbit