Chapter 44

Where would I be

I somehow found myself standing in front of our training instructor, a tall burly man with closely cropped brown hair who went by the name of Drake, and was currently yelling himself hoarse at the cadet who happened to be late, me. "Do you think this is a game cadet? Do you?"

I blinked as his spittle hit me in the face, but did little else but yell back a, "sir! No sir!"

He narrowed his eyes at me, "I don't believe you cadet, in fact, Mr. Price," he spat my last name out as if it were curdled milk, "I bet you feel completely confident in your skills as a pilot, don't you?"

I was quiet for a moment and then yelled back, "if I didn't need improvement sir, I probably wouldn't be here."

This statement finally extracted some snickering from the other 15 cadets, who up until that time had remained dead quiet as the instructor chewed me out. This seemed to make Drake so angry that his face turned a fascinating shade of red-purple, and he immediately kicked me out of the hanger.

'Well, that was rather fascinating.'

I rolled my eyes, "I don't need your input on the subject, tom"

I got the impression of him smirking, "of course you don't."

I ignored the quip and walked toward another bay, a plan already forming in my mind.

"Don't"

I smirked, "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Yes you do, and trust me, it will get you into a lot of trouble"

"Yes, but only if I get caught..."

"Sometimes I wonder about where you would end up in life without me."

I nearly tripped at that, I didn't know where I would be if I hadn't gotten tom, sometimes I forgot I even had a life before the academy, before I was sent on the Titan.

"Me too, me too"

----------------------------

The plan

When I walked into the hanger I decided would stage my plan, I went straight towards one of the modified fighters that were used for practice skirmishes. I didn't think about what kind of trouble I could get into, or what the consequences would be, I just got in and started the engines.

"I still do not approve of this"

I rolled my eyes, "that's ok, I don't need your approval."

It wasn't as if he wasn't already invested, he had already looped the feeds on the multiple security cameras, and scrambled his security card signature so no one knew who had actually entered the hanger. I flexed my fingers and pulled the ship out of the hanger, flying toward the group of other cadets in identical fighters to my own. I quietly tuned into their radio feed, slipping behind a set of asteroids so that I was hidden from view as I listened to Mr. Drake teach.

"Ok cadets, today we've got nothing fancy, just basic squad formations, which may be a little tricky since Mr. Price decided not to join us."

I immediately tossed the idea of quietly listening in on the lesson and snapped back over the channel to Mr. Drake, making sure the other cadets could hear the exchange, "Cadet Noah Price reporting for training sir!"

I could practically see the jaws on everyone's faces drop as I flew out from behind the asteroids and joined the rag-tag cluster of cadet fighters. We all waited in for what must have been at least two minutes before Drake spoke in a voice so calm it scared me more than him yelling, "cadets, I have just finished speaking with our resident training master, Pix, and he has stated that the first student to successfully take down Mr. Price's ship, gets a modified supercharger in his official combat fighter when they are assigned."

Every ship immediately primed weapons and turned straight towards me.

---------A/N-----------
Finally got around to writing this stuff up! Been super busy and for that I apologize, it's kinda a miracle I got this typed up because not only am I working from scratch, its the fact that I was able to do so much so quickly! So yay!

I'll try my best to post more, so please keep an eye out!
- Gmoney -