Chapter 8

Leo and Donnie slowly and carefully carried Mikey out of the Shell Raiser. Donnie stopped walking, he shut his eyes closed and clenched his teeth.

"You alright Donnie?" Leo asked, looking concerned.

Donnie opened his eyes in a flash and spoke very quickly, "oh yeah! I was just catching my breath." He finished and continued to walk.

Leo didn't look too convinced, but followed Donnie anyways.

Raph walked out if the Shell Raiser slowly after his brothers. "Are you guys sure you don't want any help? I can do it if you'd let me." Raph said, a little ticked off that his brothers wouldn't let him help his little brother.

Donnie shook his head, "it's fine Raph, we got this. But if you really want to help, you should rinse out that wound of yours. I'm not sure if that Squirrelanoid had rabies." Donnie said half kidding and half serious.

Raph sighed and left to the bathroom. He slammed the door shut and the sound of the faucet turning on was heard.

Leo rolled his eyes and continued to walk, until they had finally gotten into the lab. They placed Mikey down, slowly and carefully.

Leo watched as Donnie double checked over Mikey. He watched as Donnie cleaned out the small cuts and placed bandages over them.

When Donnie finished, he sat down on his chair and inhaled deeply. Leo stared at him with concern and walked toward him.

"You alright there Donnie?" Leo asked and looked at his scraped shell, "I think you need some bandages for that. It should be kept in place. At least, I think it should."

Donnie smiled and nodded, "always doubting what I taught you, you're funny." He said with a hint of sarcasm in his voice. "I'll get them." He tired to stand up, but couldn't. "On second thought, maybe I could use a bit of assistance?"

Leo playfully rolled his eyes and got some bandages to help put around Donnie's chest.

~~~~~

The Squirrelanoid grew inpatient as no one showed up in the dojo.

It silently jumped out if the tree and walked out the door. It stayed hidden no matter where it was at.

It walked and searched the area. When it was near the lab, it stopped mid tracks, and sniffed the air.

It perked up its head and a low growl escaped its mouth. The Squirrelanoid peeked its head inside the lab. It saw three turtles; one had its back towards him, and the other was blocked by him.

It noticed one turtle that was unattended. The Squirrelanoid let out another soft growl and snuck inside without a problem.

It quietly ran inside and managed to hide behind a frozen Timothy. It played close of an eye and was about to attack until Raph came in.

"What am I suppose to do now?" Raph asked, holding a towel over his shoulder.

Leo looked up from what he was doing and walked toward him. "I'll get some disinfectant spray, sit on my chair." He said, now walking toward the cabinet.

Raph complied and sat in front of Donnie, "you alright man?" Raph asked, indicating to Donnie's newly wrapped bandages.

Donnie nodded, "my shell was a bit damaged. The bandages will help me not to move so much; it needs to be stable."

Raph nodded and faced Leo when he came into view. "Alright Raph, take the towel off." Leo nicely commanded.

Raph rolled his eyes and removed the towel. The wound was slightly bleeding and had a light shade of yellow around it. Leo and Donnie stared in shock.