Chapter three

It's all over the televisions of Panem, the first pregnant tribute. My mother must be having a fit and everyone in the Hobb. I almost feel bad for Gale... Not really. Right when I walk into the training center everyone is eyeing me and I look down. "Seam slut." Cato coughs and all the careers burst out laughing and everyone around me stares now. I just want to hide into Gales chest where no one can hurt me and its dark... I like the dark. When the woman lets us free Peeta walks beside me to the camouflage station and Cato busts out another thing. "Whore." I ignore it and we start Painting. Peeta pipes up after a few moments of silence. "I think you have a shadow." I turn and see the district eleven tribute Rue and she walks quickly away. When the private sessions happen I sit with Peeta tapping my foot nervously and he stares at my face. "Katniss Everdeen." The electronic voice says and I stand slowly and walk over to the door. "Katniss." I turn and look at Peeta. "Shoot straight." I nod slowly and walk in.

                  I look up and introduce myself with maybe a little to much confidence and grab the bow. I aim and shoot... I miss by a mile. They laugh and then go back to drunkily talking. I look down at my belly and sigh. "You're making me off balance."  I shoot again and I hit it right on the bullzie on the dummys chest. I look up and they did'nt notice. I grab another arrow and shoot it right through the apple in the roasted pigs mouth that they were drooling over. they look at me and I bow. "Thank you for your consideration." Then I walk away.

                                                                  XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX   Interviews

                                      Effie almost kills me for my idiotic stunt but when we see I got a eleven they cheer for joy as I grin to myself. I twirl in front of Cinna in my red dress as we wait for the show to begin. "Beautiful." He says quietly. "I don't feel beautiful." "You are... And be yourself." "How do i be myself?" "Just look at me and then everything will be okay, alright?" He says putting a dark curl behind my ear. "Okay." I mumble and then when I am being ushered behind stage I listen to Ceaser. "Ladies and gentalmen District Twelve you know her as the girl on fire but we know her as Katniss Everdeen!" I walk out and am blinded by the lights and the deafening roar of the crowd as I walk out. Ceaser sits me down and asks me a question that I don't really hear. "What?" Everyone laughs and Ceaser puts on his white smile. "I said what were you thinking last night on the chariot ride?" "I just didnt want to catch on fire." Everyone laughs again. After I twirl for them Cesear looks at me with sympathy. "How many months are you into your pregnancy?" I set my hand on my bump and everyone says awe. "Eight and a half months." Everyone gasps and Ceaser sets his hand over mine on my belly.

                            "I think I am saying this for everyone... We hope you win for you and your baby." I let a tear roll down my cheek. "Thank you." I whisper and he smiles. "Katniss Everdeen from District Twelve!" I walk back down and Effie grins at me. "You did great." "Thank you." I say and Haymitch takes me in a half hug. "You did good sweetheart." Then we watch Peeta. After a good amount of bantering they get serious. "So Peeta, is there a special someone in your life?" "No not really." "Oh come on a boy as handsome as you, you must have someone." "There is this girl." "Ahha." He says with a smile. "But its never going to work." "Why ever not?" "Because she came here with me and i am the father of the child she is carrying." My mouth drops and Effie stares at me. "Well thats bad luck." "It is." Peeta says with a grim look. "And I wish you all the best." "Thank you." They shake hands and he comes off stage. I rush over to him and shove him into the wall.

          "What the hell was that! You said you didn't want to train together and now you love me? Come on lets do this right now!" I scream as Haymitch drags me away. "Calm down sweetheart." "He made me look weak!" "He made you look desire able and thats good for you sweetheart... And I can sell the star crossed lovers from district twelve." "We are not star crossed lovers!" "Its a television show!" Then a pang hits my stomach that sends me to my knees. "Katniss?" Everyone says and rushes to me. "I think I'm going into labor." "I'll get the medical team!" Effie says and rushes down the hall as Cinna sits me up as the terrible pains hit me and sweat slides down my four head. Then people in white put me on a gunery and rush me down the hall as Effie squeals. "If her water breaks don't let it ruin the dress!" I almost roll my eyes but i don't because of the terrible pain.

                  When they get me in a bed and a male doctor tries to check me I kick him and start screaming profanity. A nurse takes his place and checks. "Baby is not in cervix so it's false labor." Effie and Cinna sigh with relief. They put me on a medication to stop the pain and it does and i sigh. Cinna puts his hand on my belly and smiles. "Get some rest." I nod and then after a few hours i get up and walk to the roof and find Peeta sitting there. "Couldn't sleep?" He sighs. "Oh hey... No i couldn't not with this partying." I look at the crowd jumping up and down as they count down to the games. "I just don't want them to change me." I look at Peeta and pull my hospital gown down slightly. "How would they change you?" "I don't know... I just don't want to be a peice in their games... If i die i want to still be me... Do you know what i mean?" "Yeah... But i have my sister and this one." I say and he smiles, looking down at my growing belly. "I know... I guess i will see you tomorrow." He says with a smile. I look down and smile as well. "See you tomorrow."

           "He puts his hand on my belly for the first time and the baby calms down instantly at his touch and i just stare at him. Then he walks away without a word... Thats all i needed to calm me down.

Okay  guys thanks for commenting and voting i luv you all pleaz keep comenting and voting... Is it still Suzanne Collins Worthy? Let me know and what you think I would love Feed back!

                                                                                                                           Maddie