Part One: Eighteen

Sorry if I made any mistakes :(

Still reeling from the conversation I had with Noah's mother, I purposely take extra time to shower. I use one of the expensive bar soaps Kelly suggested I buy. At first, I thought she was crazy—who spends $62 on soap?—but she was right. It smells amazing. After I get out the shower I put on deodorant and this cute underwear set I got from Pink. I apply some lavender-smelling lotion and begin to get dressed.

Kelly says I need some clothes for when I go out. I tried multiply times to explain to her that I won't ever have to worry about fancy dinner parties or brunches, but apparently I was wrong about that too. I send a silent thank you to her in my head as I pull out a dark red slim-fitting cocktail dress. It stops right above my knees and has a slit up the side stopping mid-thigh. It wasn't expensive, but it looks nice enough.

Usually I don't like high necklines but the dress is so beautiful. I opt out of wearing a necklace but I do accessorize with simple stud earrings and a large bracelet. I put on perfume and a pair of nude high heels Kelly made me buy.

Curling my hair takes a little longer than I expected, but by the time I'm finished, I look presentable. I go with a minimum amount of makeup—mascara, lipstick, and some blush—to complete my look.

"Parker?" A knock on the door halts my movements. I quickly swipe the mascara brush up my eyelashes one more time before tucking it back in the tube.

"Yeah," I call, straightening the dress.

The door opens. In walks Noah.

He stops when he sees me and his eyes widen. I can't say I didn't do the same. He looks fine. The triple black tailored suit fits him perfectly. He sucks in a sharp breath as his eyes slowly rake over my body, taking in every detail. His eyes eventually meet mine and when they do, I realize just how dark they've gotten.

"I take it I look okay?" I murmur, looking down at myself and then back at him.

He opens his mouth to reply but closes it just as quickly.

My eyes narrow. "Is something wrong with this?"

He shakes his head.

"Is it too much? Too little?"

"You look..." He trials off. "Words can't explain how good you look right now."

I try to keep the silly smile off my face but there is no point. "Thank you."

He glances at his black tie. "Maybe I should wear a red tie?"

"Why?"

"So we match. My parents are probably going to match. It'll look better," He says simply. He leaves the room and returns a second later with a red tie in his hand. "The black was a clip-on. You know how to...?"

"Give it here," I take tie. "You look good too."

"Of course I do," he chuckles.

I shake my head and laugh at his cockiness. I quickly finish with the tie and straighten it. "Where are your parents?"

His mood shifts. "What were you and my mother talking about?"