2.0 - Young Broken Love

Do you ever feel like that nothing can get bad, that nothing will be taken away from you anymore? Did you ever got disappointed? The way he looked at our child, you could see his love. You could see his proud eyes shine. He loved her, and I happened to love him. The first time Mia took a bath with us, Noah hold our little baby in his arms like she was his life, that's what he liked to say. Mia laughed making the young boy chuckle with her.Her fragile body still in his old.

"Noah" I said softly "don't let her go. Be careful."

He smiled at me brightly, holding Mia closer to his chest and then replied "I promise you, that I will never hurt her" he kissed his forehead and whispered "Never"

We then kissed and he whispered once again "And I'll never hurt you either."

When all of that happened, the thought of that being just a memory was just not there. But today that was exactly it, a happy memory that soon it would fade away.
So, when Noah stood in front of me with a smile, watching my girl playing around I didn't know what to say. Surely Mia didn't recognize him. Noah left us when Mia was barely 1 year old and the few things we had done with her, she wouldn't remember.Mia knew I was there, she didn't knew Noah was, she didn't knew he was daddy.

"Noah?" I called confused.
"Danielle." He smiled letting out a long breath.
"What are you doing here?" I asked confused.

He was different, 3 years can make a change. He was older, and seemed tired. His hazel eyes were fading to a light brown. His faded black hair was longer and he had a cozy beard. He wasn't the Noah I knew. Heck, I didn't knew him at all. I thought I did, until he left me with a phone call. Before he left the teenage me with our baby.

"I... I wanted to see you." He half smiled " I wanted to see her aswell"
"Why now?"
"I don't know" he sighed looking at Mia "She's big."
I looked at her with a warm smile "yeah, she is.""So..." He was about to ask me something but Mia ran towards us, calling for me.

"Mommy! Can I go play with Lenna at her house?" She called pouting.
"Sure but first let me talk to her mommy, c'mon we'll go together." I picked her up at kissed her cheek, then I faced Noah "look, as you see I need to go. I won't take your right to see her but it needs to be planned with time. I still have the same number, do you still have it?"
"Yeah, yeah." He nodded quickly."Then call me by around 10 . By that time she'll be asleep."He nodded and then I took off.

After the mini-play date with her friend, Mia stayed for a sleep over, she was exhausted so all I did was give her a quick bath, a bowl of cereal and put her to bed. She fell asleep right away.
I got home around 9 o'clock. I called my mother."Hey sweety" she happily greeted me.

"Hey mom" I smiled "How was your dinner with dad?"
"It was good. Your father took us to a lovely restaurant by the sea side. It was refreshing. This trip was the best gift you ever gave me."
"Thanks mom, you deserve it."
"How was your day honey?""Noah showed up at the park today." She gasped
"What? Noah, your Noah? Mia's Noah?"
"Yes" I sighed "Noah. He said he missed us, and he wanted to see us"
"Was Mia there?"
"Yes but she was playing with her friend, she saw him but I didn't introduced him. I gave him my number, so that if he wants to see her to call me. Mia stayed at a friend's house so if he does call I can talk without waking her up."
"Are you okay?" Her voice softened
"Yeah. I'm just confused. He's back, the teenage me has risen. And I can't just avoid him, he's the father of my daughter."
"Oh honey, you just got to focus on Mia. Don't let him delude you." She paused for a minute while muffled voices were heard.
"Honey I got to go, you father wants to go for a walk."
"Okay, Noah is probably about to call either way. Have a nice vacation. Send kisses to dad." She then hung up, I looked at the clock, it was barely half past nine. I was tense, the way that Noah showed up had gotten me worked up. He was so different. I had a quick shower punting some comfortable clothes. I was laying on the couch almost falling asleep when Noah called. I was starteled at first, I sighed and then picked up.

I was nervous so I didn't say a thing and so did he. All that I heard was his heavy breath and his struggle. I could feel all the emotions come upon my skin.

"Why now?" My shaky voice asked as I rubbed my left hand against my teary eye. "Why did you leave? Just why?!"
"I don't know." he plainly said.
"She doesn't know who you are."
"I know."
"She asks for you everyday. I get asked by you everyday." I say weekingly.
"I know." he says again.
"You don't!" I exploded "You don't. 'Where is daddy' she asks. She needed you."
"I'm, I'm sorry. I want to make everythig right. I know I hurt her, and I know I hurt you. And I'm sorry." his voice was craking.
"Noah, you promised, you would never hurt her. Yet she cries, she cries for you to come back." I said with tears running down my cheek.
"I'm so sorry." I heard him sobb "I was a kid, and I was wrong, but I need her back in my life, and I need you in my life aswell."
"Noah," I sobbed too "why does it have to be like this? We were so happy, she was so happy. Why did you have to leave out of nowhere?"
"Can I please make it up, to Mia, to you?"
"How? How do I know you won't leave?"
"Just trust me" I sighed "Just this time Dani."
"Noah..." I said
"Please. Tomorrow, just the three of us. You don't need to tell her yet, just let me."
"Okay, but you can't tell her."