Chapter 17

So, hey guys... I know we haven't updated in like... a year... but.. now we're getting back into it! Anyway... enjoy Chapter 17! I know it's short, but there will another update soon!! :)

I walked out of my room later that night and saw Katniss sitting on the couch looking out the window.

"Hey, what's up?" I ask, sitting down next to her.

"Just thinking" she says.

I take a deep breath and start talking.
"So, you know how Haymitch told us, that as soon as the gong rings tomorrow that we should turn and run?"

"Yeah?" She asks, looking at me with her face full of question.

"Well, I've been thinking about this for a while, and I think we should stay and fight. Get weapons and food."

"No. No way. I'm not looking to die the first step off the pressure plate."

"Just listen to me. If we turn and run, we'll have nothing. Well die faster than if we had food and weapons. After we turn and run, there's no going back to the cornucopia. The careers will probably use it as shelter. If we run into the fight, there's a chance that we could get supplies. Supplies that could mean the difference between life and death."

"No, Gale. I'm not doing it then."

"Fine. Suit yourself, but I am. At least stand by the pressure plates and watch my back."

She shakes her head. "No way. I'm turning and running for my life."

"Fine. Just, don't go far. I'll find you after the bloodbath, somehow."

"Gale, you do know that we can't be allies the whole time. We will eventually have to split up and..." I shake my head, knowing the rest of her thought.

"I'll protect you until the second that moment comes."