2

Gabriel woke to a pounding headache and an unfamiliar, and way too neat, if he may add, room. Oh yeah, today is that day thing. He thought.

Gabriel climbed out of the bed and started searching for any sign of a note to help him find his supposed soul mate. He didn't find anything, except a mirror, where he did discover that his soul mate was a guy. And a hot one at that. Gabriel cheered (and maybe squealed) a little to see that he had scored big time.

He exited the bedroom and entered the apartment's kitchen, looking for any sign of sweets. All he found was salad upon salad upon salad. Great, he thought, my soul mate is healthy.

He sighed in defeat and left the kitchen, seeing as it didn't have much to offer. He wandered around to the living room, where he was greeted to a couple asleep on his, or well, his soul mate's couch. One of them had dark hair and a trench coat, the other light hair and flannel. Seems to be a trend between these two. Gabriel thought.

Gabriel took a closer look at the two, obviously not having anything else to do. The one in the trench coat looked oddly familiar. It couldn't be who he thought it was, though. That would be silly. It's not like his brother would know his soul mate before he did. Right...?

This couldn't be Castiel. That would be preposterous. On the other hand, it could. He did take off with his soul mate right after they met. I guess this is his soul mate, then. Gabriel thought.

"CAS!!" Gabriel yelled, waking both of them up in the process.

The other one, who Gabriel remembered being called Dean by Castiel, immediately shot up and looked directly at Gabriel.

"Is that Sam or his soul mate?" Dean gruffly asked, sleep lacing his voice.

"His name is Sam? That's great! Imagine all the nicknames I can create with such a name!"

Dean rolled his eyes, "Soul mate person it is."

"So, tell me Cas, Dean-o, how's life?"

"How do you know our names?" Castiel piped up.

"My name," Gabriel said, getting into a rather heroic pose, "is Gabriel Novak! Brother of Castiel Novak, soul mate of this Sam guy!"

Both Dean's and Cas' jaws dropped at the announcement and a silence immediately commenced. Castiel was the first to pipe up.

"Is it really you, Gabriel?" he asked in disbelief.

"In the flesh! Or, the moose flesh, I suppose."

Castiel immediately shot up and hugged his brother.

"I missed you."

*

oh look another chapter

also, I got a fortune cookie that said "your love life will soon be happy and harmonious" like thanks cookie maybe I'll finally kiss someone