Teen Talk

The life of an average 90's teenager and what they thought was cool compared to today's generation:

In the 90's, teenagers had a lot of different ideas on what was considered cool in everything from fashion, music, TV shows and technology.

Their technology was different compared to that of nowadays as they had Disc-man that was known to be as cool as the iPhone 5. Everyone who was anyone would have a Disc-man back then. They would walk around, listening to music on it whereas we prefer iPods. If you look at the Disc-man, you'll wonder why the 90's teenagers ever thought it was cool. 

The life of a teenager in the 90's: 

Wake up to the sound of, ''I'm too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my shirt, for my shirt, it hurts and I'm too sexy for Milan, New York and Japan.'' Grab my Disc-man and hit the play button of my favorite band, The Spice Girls.

The latest generation:

Wake up to the sound of my iPhone ringing, jump out of bed as I can't miss this call. Get dressed for school, do my hair and add the make-up while I give my reflection a check before doing a kiss in the mirror and running down the stairs for the bus.

Through looking between the two different generations, what do you pick up on? Hint, hint, maybe the technology... Cough, cough...

It's not just technology that has changed but TV shows that we see are different compared to the 90's. For instance, in the 90's, they watched innocent TV shows like Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Charmed which we consider as harmless to watch compared to Jersey Shore that has more inappropriate language and violence than Buffy the Vampire Slayer. So I ask you this: is today's generation changed for the best or for the worst? You decide.

Column by sandybrandy