Chapter 75

"Is it going to be held at the hospital?" I asked Chase.

"No, it's being held at the Francis Marion Hotel on King Street. It's a very beautifully decorated hotel."

I didn't want to admit it but I was nervous. Would the conversations be all medical or some other subject that I was not going to be able to keep up with? The only person that I knew was Chase. Well, I had met that Dr. Green at the hospital but it was only for a few moments. He seemed nice enough and wanted to introduce me to his team's girl. I fidgeted with my purse and then forced my fingers to stop lest I pull off the beading.

Soon we were there and a valet came over to open my door for me. I stepped out of the car and Chase came around to hand the keys to him. Chase lifted up my right hand and tucked it into the crook of his elbow and led me into the hotel. I stared at the tastefully décor that made it look like we had stepped into the early 1900's. My footsteps slowed as my nervousness returned. Chase noticed and pulled me aside.

Lifting my chin with is fingertips, he had me look up at him. His eyes searched mine and he said, "You don't have to be nervous. You are a stunningly beautiful and intelligent woman. You have my heart and I am going to be the envy of all the men tonight. Well, at least all the single ones." he tried joking with me. It worked, my lips lifted in a smile. Bringing my hand up to his lips, he kissed it.

"Well, well..." an unfamiliar male voice said from behind me. "I can't say that I blame you for trying to romance such a lovely lady off in the corner here! You must take after me Chase."

I turned to see a older gentleman also dressed in a tux with white hair and good natured blue eyes. A shorter woman also with white hair and similar age dressed in a champagne colored dress stood next to him. She smacked him on the arm lightly and scolded him. "Phil! Don't you dare embarrass our nephew and his date!"

"I was just complimenting him Mavis!" Phil protested.

My eyes flew to Chase. His uncle and aunt? I panicked slightly. I wasn't expecting to meet any of his family tonight! I wondered if my dress was demure enough to pass their inspection. He gave me a reassuring look and introduced me.

"Uncle Phil, Aunt Mavis, this is my Delphine. Delphine this is Dr. Phil Roberts who works at the same hospital as I do and this is my favorite Aunt, Mavis."

I shook hands with Phil but Mavis drew me into a hug. "I've heard so much about you already, I feel as though I already know you! We are going to have to have a family get together soon! I want to meet your daughter. Are you open to having more children? Because I desperately need some children to spoil."

I blushed but before I could answer, Phil chuckled and said, "Please Mavis! Let the poor girl catch her breath!"

Chase put his arm around me and said, "Aunt Mavis, try not to scare off my soul mate please!"

To my great surprise, I liked Phil and Mavis right away. I lifted a hand to touch Mavis' arm lightly. "Oh, it's fine! We really should have a family lunch or dinner together," I leaned closer to her and said in a softer voice, "yes, I do plan on having more children. Family is important to me."

She beamed at me and tucked my arm with hers as she led me towards the banquet room. Chase and his uncle followed us with amused smiles. "I'm so glad to hear that my dear! Chase and his team have been so lonely and I despaired of them ever finding a woman who could handle them." Mavis said to me and patted my arm.

I looked at her startled that she knew about the arrangement. "You know about that?" I asked her.

"Oh, yes. Don't worry that I will judge you or anything like that. I give you my whole hearted approval. Love is love no matter how many people are in your family. I've seen it with the other teams and they have never been happier. I can see that you are perfect for them, you can cook and work and keep them under control. They are a handful sometimes, aren't they?"