Chapter 6: Where Does The Fire Burn?

Start from the beginning

I frown at his words and look to Sam, who just looked shocked at how the devil was even speaking about this in a civil way. No tricks, just talking. But I reminded him of another angel?

"You remember him, don't you, Sammy?" He said sarcastically and the human looked at me with a worried face. His eyes said it all, the angel was bringing up bad memories. "C'mon, Gabriel loved you the most. Remember how much he just 'loved' Dean? The Mystery Spot? Ring a bell in there?"

Suddenly, I hear something that I never would have expected to hear in this kind of situation, ever. I raise an eyebrow and become confused.

I was listening to music... to Asia?

"Heat of the Moment?" I ask myself outloud but I don't get a comment from Sam. I was beyond flabbergasted. Why was I even listening to classic rock and why did I remind freaking Satan of his brother, the archangel, Gabriel? What the literal hell was going on anymore?

Turning my eyes over to the young Winchester, he seemed to be stuck in a trance. It was scaring me. He just stared at the ground with a blank face and zoned out as the devil laughed loudly at his uncomfortableness. I realized that the song was bringing up memories of Dean inside Sam's head; I could hear them. They didn't sound too good.

"Stop it!" I snapped. The music just sounded like it got a little louder. I growl in annoyance and then rub Sam on the back, trying to get him to snap out of it. It sort of worked, he looked over at me for a second but went back to staring at the cold floor. "Stop playing that music, don't you see he is uncomfortable?"

"That's the point, sweetheart." The voice darkly says but in a deep and soft voice. I glare at the table before groaning and patting Sam on the back again.

The song played over and over for about 148 times until it stopped and the angel apparition went away. And I now hate the song with all my heart.

After about two hours of snapping Sam back into it, getting him to take his pills, him telling me what had happened to himself over the three months, and being worried that the voice would come back soon, I finally was able to help him out with his 'little' sleeping problem. Sam agreed to what I was doing as long as it didn't hurt me, which it didn't. I just had to not fall asleep, simple.

Using some of the special powers I had, I was able to block out any noise from Sam's mind so he was able to shut his eyes for a couple hours to get rest. I had to focus on his mind for the entire time, making the wall in his head stay up as he slept soundly for the first time in days.

Since the beds were unforgivably rough on the back and neck, I allowed him to use me as a pillow for the night. I made sure no guard or doctor saw me throughout the night in the hospital so Sam could rest; I kept the door locked and whenever a guard tried to touch it to come in, I made it burn up so it hurt their hand, making them go away.

Leaning against the wall for support, I wrapped my arms around Sam's large body and rubbed his back, soothingly. My legs had fallen asleep from the weight on them, and my back was killing me, but I didn't care. Sammy looked comfortable leaning against me and using me as a pillow.

It was late, around 2 in the morning, and I just sat there and kept him safe. I didn't hear anything from Lucifer throughout the night, if anything if was only for a couple minutes each hour but I would keep it blocked from Sam as best as I could. I never saw the angel's aura at all.