Interrogation or Flirtations

Start from the beginning

Olivia smiled in agreement. "I think your sister is the first."

"Right you are. She is doing fine now though. "Olivia didn't take her word for it because she looked towards me.

"I'm fine."

"I just feel responsible." Well, she kind of was responsible." I guess I'll be leaving now...."

"How about you stay for dinner?" Gwen piped up. I could have slapped her for that.

"Thank you, but no thank you. I only stopped by because it was on my way to my sister's middle school."

"Shame, maybe next time." Like there will be a next time.

"Not likely." I mumbled, thankfully no one heard me.

"Maybe." Olivia glanced my way before exiting. "See ya." She said over her shoulder.

"Since when were you and Olivia friends, better yet when did you get friends besides Neal?" Gwen asked when we were alone.

"Why does everyone feel the need to ask me?"

"It's a valid question. Another valid question is why are you wearing Olivia's jacket?"

I simply went up the stairs, leaving my sister. "Tell me when dinners ready."

XXXXXXXXXXX

As I shut my locker Neal spoke up, "So I heard Olivia stopped by yesterday."

"Where did you hear that from?"

"Your sister." Neal said bashfully, running his hand through his flaming red hair.

"Since when do you have casual conversations with my sister? She's a senior, a year ahead of us, so it's not like you have a class with her." I stared at him quizzically.

"Um, I called yesterday while you were in the shower. And she told me then."

His answer seemed a little sketchy, but it was possible so I shrugged it off.

The day was going by slowly but surely, surprisingly I have had yet to have a chance meeting with Olivia; I won't speak too soon, I might jinx it.

"I'll see you later, I have study hall."

"Alright, see you whenever. If you're not too busy with Olivia that is." Neal said with a large Cheshire grin, wiggly his eyebrows.

I shoved him away from me. "Me and Olivia don't hang out. I barely know her, we're not friends." Other than fact that she is the most beautiful girl I have ever seen, but I'm mean like everyone knows that, I don't know much about her.

"From the looks of it Olivia wants to be more than friends, if you know what I mean." Neal says nudging me repeatedly in the arm. I shoved him away again.

"I'm leaving."

As I walked away from Neal I heard him shout, "Tell Olivia I said hi!" I'm sure the people in Tokyo heard him. The people in the hall sure did, they all turned my way, giving me curious looks.

I ducked my head and walked briskly to the library, where I decided to spend my study hall hour.

I entered the library scoping it out for a good spot. The library had large windows, they made the area look bright instead of dreary and sad. It was a friendly environment, which allows students to talk and hang out. Of course, there were books stacked in rows of shelves, but there were pod chairs and bean bag chairs everywhere in random places.

I think it was supposed to encourage studying. Like we give you nice stuff, you learn more.

I went over and camped out at one of the tables that were near a window.