💖 When I was Your Man

Same bed but it feels just a little bit bigger now
Our song on the radio but it don't sound the same
When our friends talk about you, all it does is just tear me down
'Cause my heart breaks a little when I hear your name

*Flashback*

     Yelling and screaming was heard from inside a medium sized, apartment.

     A girl with (h/c), (h/l) hair, and (e/c) eyes; crying, as she tried to get away from her boyfriend, (c/n).

     He had been to caught up in his sports lately. Not ever noticing his girlfriend there, to support him. Only to pay attention to the girls' cheerleading squad, head leader.

     It happened everyday, during practice. Poor (y/n). Suffering from it. Learning that he never showed her any signs of affection or love. Like using her.

     Today was enough to notice it. Once (c/n) came over to (y/n)'s apartment, (y/n) asked some questions. Like: 'Do you love me?' Or 'Can you notice that I'm there with you?'

     Enough of the questions, making (c/n) feel irritated by her. He had enough of her questions and the complaints. Deciding to finally break up with her.

     "Look (y/n)...I have had enough of this bullshit now. We're through. You're always complaining way too much."

     "Well if you had enough time with me instead of those girl's at the end of practice. Then this wouldn't have happened. They're not always there to support you at your practices, except me!"

     "Well maybe if you quit being a bitch about it, then I would have been with you in the first place!" A gasp coming from (y/n) as she looked to (c/n).

     "Please don't be upset. Please!" She said as she tried to hug him only to be pushed back. Against the wall.

     Tears started falling down her cheeks.

     "We're breaking up! I don't give a damn about you anymore!" Were his last words, before he left her apartment.

*End Of Flashback*

It all just sounds like ooh, ooh ooh hoo hoo
Mm, too young, too dumb to realize
That I should have bought you flowers
And held your hand
Should have gave you all my hours
When I had the chance
Take you to every party 'cause all you wanted to do was dance

     Here (c/n) is. With his date for homecoming. She was the leader of the cheerleading squad.

     Both were happily smiling as they began announcing the homecoming royalties. This was the night that both (c/n) and (random female name) have been waiting for. Well, at least that was what she was waiting for. (C/n) on the other hand, was only here to take thing off his mind since his break up with (y/n).

     "And now the moment you've all been waiting for.. The homecoming king this year is.... (b/n)!" A loud applause, and loud wooing were erupted around the entire place. As (B/n) began walking to the stage to be crowned homecoming king.

     He smiled softly to the crowd. But more specifically at (y/n). For she was the reason he changed for the better person he is now.

     "The homecoming queen of this year is.... (Y/n)!" Happily crying, she went up on the stage next to (b/n). A joyful smile on her lips, before she pulled (b/n) in a passionate yet quick kiss. Both bowing down at their peers and school staff.

Now my baby's dancing
But she's dancing with another man

My pride, my ego, my needs, and my selfish ways
Caused a good strong woman like you to walk out my life
Now I never, never get to clean up the mess I made, oh
And it haunts me every time I close my eyes

     They then proceeded to walk off the stage, and headed over to their group of friends. All laughing, teasing one another and talking away. As if they were old friends catching up with each other from the past.

     (C/n) stood there dumbfounded, at what he just saw. The girl he loved had moved on. Knowing she loved the guy; her boyfriend, the homecoming king.

It all just sounds like ooh, ooh ooh ooh ooh
Mm, too young, too dumb to realize
That I should have bought you flowers
And held your hand
Should have gave you all my hours
When I had the chance
Take you to every party 'cause all you wanted to do was dance

     As soon as a slow song came on. All the couples began moving to the middle of the gym floor. Dancing along to the song with each other. Holding each other in a loving embrace to remember this moment together if things changed in the near future.

     Now, all of them began making room for the new homecoming king and queen. Some of the other people, watching as they both danced together, smiling happily.

     (C/n) stood there in sadness, watching the two dancing together; again, again, again, and again. Wondering why he ever let her go from his life. When she has been there all the time. Like his rare rose.

     But not tonight, nor any other day or night. Tonight she is another man's rare rose. (Y/n) seemed more happier, than she was. Showing off her beautiful smile. Dancing around as other songs played in the background. Not caring of they danced until midnight.

Now my baby's dancing
But she's dancing with another man

Although it hurts
I'll be the first to say that I was wrong
Oh, I know I'm probably much too late
To try and apologize for my mistakes
But I just want you to know

     Before the homecoming dance came to an end, people gathered around for one last dance. From both the homecoming queen, and homecoming king.

     Everyone watched in awe, as they danced the night away. Like no one was around. Dancing so beautifully, and peacefully. Finally, other couples began to join them for a final time. Before the night ended.

     (C/n), watched as his used-to-be rare rose danced with her new king. Her new savior. The one who could heal her up.

     Slowly, he walked away from the gym, walking out into the parking lot of the school. Taking out the Rose from his tuxedo, and loosening his tie.

He proceeded to walk off as he heard the song slowly dying down. As faint memories of him and (y/n) played at the back of his mind. 'You don't know what you have until it's gone.' He remembers hearing from his grandfather.

I hope he buys you flowers
I hope he holds your hand
Give you all his hours
When he has the chance
Take you to every party
'Cause I remember how much you loved to dance

Leaving the scene of the school, going back home. Thinking to himself why he ever let her go.

Why did he end the relationship?

'Take care (y/n).' He thought. Sad smile forming on his lips as he disappeared into his home. Sending her and the lucky guy best wishes.

Do all the things I should have done
When I was your man
Do all the things I should have done
When I was your man
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

♡♥☆★
Aww. Loved writing this. Almost cried writing this.
More to come. From all your requests (give em' requests ^^).
Love you bros. And dont you ever give up.
Bye for now bros. @--;----
♥♡★☆
~WheresMyAngel

((No longer WheresMyAngel. I am FallenAn9el391. And that was my cringe year old self back then. Boy, there was alot of mistakes.))