The Peacekeeper: Part one

"Let's get started, shall we?" Kankri asked, once again pulling the book same book from his shelf and setting it down between the two trolls. 

Kankri rubbed his eyes and nodded. He had stayed up most of the night reading every book Eridan had on their Ancestors (and maybe he had read some troll Harry Potter). He barely kept his eyes open as Dave retold him of some odd dream he had involving some giant metal go machines he called cars and some sort of spicy snack called Hot Cheetos. Karkat had to excuse himself in the middle of Dave's story to head down to Gamzee's fridge to curl up and take a nice long nap and to get his next "lesson" from Kankri. 

He had tried to hide his tired eyes from Kanaya's motherly glare, but ultimately failed. She stopped him and was about ready to scold him when Rose came to the rescue. All the Seer of Light had to do was ask for help mending a torn article of clothing and Kanaya instantly agreed. The two walked away, and Rose turned back to give him a little wink before they disappeared behind a corner. 

"Yeah...Yeah let's continue...are you going to tell me more shit on The Signless?" Karkat questioned, stretching himself out on the couch while still giving his dancestor enough space to sit down comfortably. 

"No, actually. I'm finished telling you about your ancestor. Today we'll be talking about my ancestor." Kankri's ancestor? Karkat curiously looked up at him, this certainly was going to be interesting. 

"Your ancestor? Holy shit...this is going to be interesting." Kankri nodded, pulling the book into his lap. 

"Yes, interesting indeed. Now, I suppose I should start at the beginning?" Karkat nodded eagerly, causing Kankri to smile. He cleared his throat and crossed his legs, getting comfortable. 

"Alright well, for one, My ancestor didn't have a Lusus. He was raised by a kind limeblood, who remained nameless throughout his lifetime. He was raised by this limeblood until he was three sweeps old, unfortunatly the limeblood was culled. He roamed the streets of his village for a while until a young blue blooded troll, Horuss's ancestor, stumbled aross him. The young blue blood took him to his hive, only planning on only giving him food an shelter for a day or two, then he'd be on his way. But what was supposed to be a couple days, turned into a couple perigees. A couple perigees, a couple sweeps. The two trolls grew incredibly close, and soon enough, they became moirails. My Ancestor lived with his moirail and his lusus in their shared hive and grew up together."

"Now, they both shared a dream to work closely with the Empress, Her Imperial Radiance, and their dreams came true. The blue blood worked for her, he was a sort of blacksmith. He created her army's weapons and his work was extraordinary. Karkat, on the other hand, wasn't immediatly enlisted to help Her Imerial Radiance. At first he was just a lowly guard. The highest job he was assigned was to watch over the Empress's royal parties, but that one job was the greatest thing that ever happened to him. He was just wandering about the room, doing his job. He didn't mean to do this, he didn't exactly know why he did it either. But he did do it, and the actions he did do had opened up a new world to him, a new life."

"Are you going to actually tell me at some point what he did or are we just going to skip over that crucial piece of information?" Karkat asked, slightly annoyed.

"Well...no one knows exactly what happened that day. The story changes. Some say he tripped a waitor on purpose, causing him to spill the poisoned drink that was meant for the Empress, others say that he saw through the clever isduise of an enemy troll in their attempt to kill her, and ended up killing them instead. Either way, that day he became The Empress's personal and loyal knight. He protected her with his life, and was nearly always by her side. He was branded and given a title. His title was "The Peacekeeper" because he was the one who had restored and kept the peace on their planet."

"The Peacekeeper did many great things in his lifetime, one being that he brought a stop to an entire war, and the other being that no matter what, he made sure the Empress wasn't harmed. Now, the Empress, Meenah's ancestor, was a very kind troll, she cared for all bloods and didn't believe in the silly caste system. She represented peace between land and sea dwellers and she ensured the safety of all trolls, but of course, a set of trolls despised this idea and immediatly gathered other's to begin a war for chaos. The two sides fought long and hard, but in the end, The Peacekeeper put a stop to their reign of terror, and restored the peace." 

Kaekat listened, fully engrossed in the story. Had his pre-scratch self really done all that? Did he really save an entire planet from the evil hold of two trolls that had an army? All these questions and then some buzzed around his think pan, until finally he asked one.

"What were the names of the two trolls that started the 'war for chaos'?" Karkat asked, sitting up. Kankri frowned and thought for a moment, trying to think of a way to reveal the identities of the two trolls.

"Well Karkat..." Kankri began, still fumbling with the words in his pan. "You must remember...it was a completely different timeline.."

"Yeah, i get it, just spit it out." Karkat demanded, now even more curious than ever.

"Well...these two trolls were matesprits...their names were Gamzee Makara and Vriska Serket."