Chapter 9: My Boys!

Start from the beginning

"You always letting LLoyd and Luis go somewhere by themselves. Mind you, Luis is 12 years old! And, I'm 16 and I can't even go to my bestfriend's house! The twins get more freedom than me!" 

"You're being getting too grown. Hanging out with boys and stuff. Since when did you start doing that?" she questioned and looked me in the eye. 

"Since you stopped caring! Since you started treating me completely different than the rest of your children. Since my friends turned their back on my because I wanted to help Jacob! Since Dad left you for another woman." I smirked at the last comment I made. It was true. And, hurtful. But, she needed it. She was speechless for a second, then she closed her mouth and turned her head in the other direction. 

"Fine, you wanna go catch an STD from that boy, then be my guest. Just get out of my fucking eyesight. You dumb, acne-faced whore." 

The things, you'd never guess would come out your own Mother's mouth. I was shocked, hurt, and angry all at the same time. I had no come back for such a comment. I had no smart remark. I quickly ran out the kitchen and slammed the front door. As I ran to Jacob's house, tears began to well up in the corners of my eyes.

Jacob's P.O.V

I stood outside on my porch, waiting for Prema. She was taking longer than usual. I sighed and waited some more as the Sun began to drop below the horizon. Birds began to scatter home, through the winds. Crickets began to come out and make their music. Mom had gone, to the airport to pick up some guest. I didn't know who they were though. 5 minutes later, I saw Prema sadly, walking down the block, getting closer to my house. I stood up. Ready to approach. But, once she reached me, she was in tears. "What's the matter?" I quickly asked her. "Jacob. Hold me. Please." she replied and hugged me tightly. I rubbed her back up and down, soothingly. Then, I picked her up and lead her inside of my house. We went into my room, and I settled her on my bed. She explained how her Mom, thought she was doing something with me, and that she didn't want us to be friends so she made up excuses so Prema couldn't come. Then, she called her a acne-faced whore. I knew it probably stung her heart. Like an injection straight to her lungs, full of poison. She faced the other direction on my bed, and I laid by her, rubbing her back. Y'know, comforting her. "Are you hungry?" I finally asked her. She nodded her head. "I could call my Mom, and tell her to pick up some pizza while she's out there." I suggested. "That'd be nice." she sniffed. I grabbed my phone, and just as I was about to dial her number, I heard the front door open. 

  Voices immediately filled the house, with joyful laughter. I was curious as to who was here. And, why? "He's upstairs." I heard my Mom state. Immediately, the rushing sound of three pair of feet started. Soon, the door to my room was bust open and the three faces I'd wanted to see ever since we arrived in Chicago. "Guys!" I jumped up and greeted, Rayon, Craig and Chrestano. We all cheesed hard and gave "Manly hugs." to one another. Then, they pulled me outside in the hallway.

"Bro, who that?" Chrestano asked and smirked.

"Oh, that's Prema. My friend." I shrugged.

"More like GIRLFRIEND. She all snuggled up on yo bed." Rayon chuckled.

"Shut up!" I cheesed.

I completely forgotten about Prema's existence after that. I went downstairs with the boys and my mom explained that when she meant that I'd get another gift in the Spring, she meant that the boys were coming to live with us until the end of the school year and the Summer. I was truly excited. "Let's go play B-Ball!" Craig suggested. We all nodded and went outside into my driveway and began to play Basket Ball.

The next day, we were like God. People stared at us as we walked down the hallways. Girls were like a swarm of bees, that just found a bunch of flowers with sweet nectar. "Oh, Jacob. . I didn't know you had such sexy friends." one of them purred. "I mean, what can I say?" I gained this cocky attitude. Everybody sat next to us at Lunch Time as we told them tales about our days back in L.A some weren't even interested to listen to that. They just wanted to be next to us. We continued talking as the girls played with my hair, and sat on Rayon's lap, and kissed Chrestano's neck. 

"Cause we be pullin' bitches on the first day tho!" Rayon cheered at the end of the day as we walked home. Prema wasn't even on my mind. And, I completely forgotten about her, until she knocked on my door the next day. "Hey. ." she greeted me sadly. "Hi. ." it was getting awkward. "Guys, this is Prema. Prema, this is Craig, Chrestano and Rayon. My best buds. ." I introduced her to my riends. She nodded her head and replied with a simple, flat "Hi." 

"I guess I'll leave you alone then. ." she sighed and turned on her heel and walked home alone.

"Bro, she cute!" Craig exclaimed. Something in me, felt. . Weird. Like, we did kiss and I did have some feelings for her, so when another boy talked about her it made me angry. "She taken." I quickly lied. "By who?" Rayon asked. "Never mind. ." I sighed. "You see that body!? God damn. ." Chrestano rubbed his hands together. I grew uncomfortable. "So how was L.A?" I asked. "Cynthia missed you a lot." Rayon started. "You ain't hear?" Chrestano quickly stood up. "What?" I asked as I threw the basketball up and down. "She pregnant." Rayon laughed. "Oh." 

"I'm so glad we back together. ." Rayon shook his head.

"Now y'all know we'd get back together one day." Chrestano laughed.

"I thought my mom was gon' make me stay in Philly. I had to do a lot of convincing along with Momma T." Craig sighed.

"Y'all my boys. Nothing can't keep us apart." I smiled as we all began to tackle each other playfully.

I never knew, I'd soon be popular.