Infinity - Kuroo

Songfic request!

Legend:
Lyrics
Kuroo's thoughts
Actual story
----

"Just leave, then! You're a waste of my time, you always were!"

He choked on his own breath as soon as the words left his mouth, eyes widening. Shit, he thought. Shit shit shit. His heart throbbed painfully as he watched your eyes flood with tears, and he watched even more as they fell down your face.

Your eyes narrowed.

"Fine Kuroo," you spat, shooting him one last glare which went straight through his chest. He could feel his throat close up as you turned and stormed out of the house, and his eyes stared in horror at the now vacant doorway.

Was it all in my head, in an empty bed?
And I told you that I need you, baby, can't you see,
I'm alone?

He felt as though the world was crashing down on him, much like the salty tears that he saw fall from your eyes.

Why did he say that? Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Shit.

He had stood there in place for what felt like an eternity, trying to process what he had just said, what you had said, what he had done.

He had just driven away the sole center of his life, his love, his everything.

And he had just stood there, and watched.

I was lost on my feet, on an empty street.
So I save your seat infinity, forever figures five and three,
you know?

No.

He was not going to end it this way. Not now, not ever. They would be forever, he was going to make sure of that.

His body snapped into motion, hastily barreling out the door, sprinting out onto the street. He could see your figure, and his heart broke as he saw your shoulders tremble.

He was making you cry. No. No, this shouldn't be.

He ignored the stabbing stitch in his side at the sudden burst of action their upon it, and he sprinted after you. You were getting farther and farther, but no. No. He could not stand letting you get away.

Cross my heart and hope to die, stick a needle in my eye.

"[First]!" He called out desperately, and you spin around just in time to be caged in between his strong arms.

Your eyes widened. "Get off me!" You pounded weakly on his chest, eyes stinging with angry tears and heart throbbing painfully. Your knees buckled and you fell limply against him.

"I'm sorry," he whispered, both hands on your arms, helping you stay upright. "I-I didn't - I'll never see you as a waste of my time, I'm so--" Your eyes welled up even more as you heard him choke up. "I'm sorry. I love you."

You smiled faintly as you felt him press a small reconciliatory kiss to your cheek. "I know, you idiot."

My mama says to pick the best -

You looked up as his warmth left you, breaking the embrace, and your eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he bent down to a kneeling position--

Oh god.

A flurry of emotions - panic, joy, fear, love, and a twinge of irritation because what an adorkable idiot Kuroo Tetsurou is.

He isn't--

You watched him pull a small box out of his trousers, and your eyes widened when he flipped the cover up because HOLY-- it was beautiful, encrusted with gleaming stones, and then your stomach flipped - how-- how did he afford this?

"[First]," he breathed out softly, as if any loud noise would break the beautiful scene unraveling between you two, and he definitely did not want that to happen, because he looks up at you and thinks, damn. Everything is perfect.

The look in his eyes just melts you because he just looks so scared. But then both your pairs of eyes locks and immediately his face melts into a wide grin - the look your eyes was practically screaming YES, TAKE ME NOW. He takes in a deep breath. "I've known you for a real insane amount of time. I know I can overreact sometimes-" He rolled his eyes at you as your eyebrows teasingly quirked, your mouth twitching into a smirk. He sighs. "All the time, I mean. And I know we have some bat shit crazy fights, but--"

Your heart was just screaming in anticipation. He let out a halting breath, and he looked you in the eyes and all
you
saw
was
love.

"Will you marry me?"

And you are it.

----

OH MY GISH THAT WAS EXHAUSTING.

OKAY, DOWN TO BUSINESS--

I AM SO SORRY.

THIS IS SO

LATE.

I have like two more haikyuu requests and like three requests on my other ghibli series and my writing is just like

NOPEYOUARENOTGOINGTOFINISHANYTHINGEVERAGAIN HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

in meh face.

Anyways, I AM FOREVER SORRY. For some reason I hadn't gotten the notifications for the requests until like last month nut then I have writer's blockkkkk now.

But, on a different note, HAIKYUU SEASON 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*dies*