Chapter 22- Bridget and Conner

Emily's POV

"Mason" The woman said.

A pain occurred in my chest just as a warm hand made it's way around my waist. The sparks shooting through my body told me that it was Mason. I jumped away from his touch, not wanting to be near him right now. I mean he has a kid. Oh God. I think I'm gonna throw up. I take delicate steps backwards until Mason takes one forward. I turn around and fly into the nearest bathroom.

Not literally but how cool would that be, it woul-

My train of thought is cut off by my wolf. "Are you serious? Are you actually thinking about how cool it would be to fly at a time like this?"

"Sorry" I say to her as I puke into the toilet.

My wolf starts to howl as I sense a presence behind me. I can tell it's Mason once again by the scent in the air. Can he not just leave me alone right now?

I am about to tell him to fuck off when I choke. I hate being sick. One time when I was younger I almost died from lack of oxygen but that isn't really important right now...

"Kat? Are you OK?" Mason's sweet voice drifts to me.

"Does it look like I'm OK?" I snap at him and he flinches at the harsh tone. I would feel bad but Idon't care right now.

 I stand up, wash my mouth out and walk out the bathroom with Mason at my side. We reach the living room where the woman and boy are along with most of the pack. 

"Leave. Now" I say using my Luna voice and everyone leaves. Skye stops in front of me but I just give her a look and she walks out the room leaving just the four of us.

It's silent for ten minutes before Mason speaks up. "Bridget. Why are you here?"

"Emm... I-I... Ehh..." Bridget says.

"Just say it already 'cause I really don't want to be the one to tell him" I say, God she comes round here and tells me without a problem but when it gets to Mason she's all 'ooo I don't want to tell him' blah blah blah.

"Thisisyourson" She says in a rush but I caught it, Mason caught it and the rest of the pack that was listening in caught it. How did I know they were eavesdropping? I heard a few gasps then a few slaps to the people who made the gasps.

"He- he's my what?" Mason stuttered.

Bridget took a deep breath. "This is Conner and he is your son"

" How old is C-Conner?" Mason asked her taking a seat.

"He's one" She replied.

"But we broke up when we were sixteen" Mason said in confusion.

"We, uh we were fifteen" Bridget says.

I can't stand this conversation so I head for the door but before I can exit someone comes in.

"This is what happens when you have underage sex" Skye states and I swear I could punch her.

I storm out the room and into the kitchen. I pour a glass of water and down it so I refill it.

"Kat-" I cut Mason off.

"What? What do you want Mason?" I ask him.

"I think we need to talk about this" He said and I mock clap.

"Well done. You thought correctly" I say sarcastically.

"What do we do now about..." He trails of.

"For fucks sake just say it. What do we do about Conner and Bridget" I say her name in disgust.

Mason just stands there twirling his thumbs. Is he fucking serious? He is asking me what to do? I cannot believe this.

"I don't know what to say" He says sheepishly. I feel tears prickling my eyes but blink them back.

"What does this mean Mason?" I ask him and he stays silent. That just gets my anger boiling. "YOU HAVE A FUCKING SON! YOUR NOT MEANT TO HAVE A PUP WITH A HUMAN. YOUR MEANT TO HAVE PUPS WITH ME, YOUR MATE!" I shout at him while tears pour down my face.

I look him right in the eyes and all I see is pain. He knows I'm hurting.

"Emily... I-I" I know he doesn't want to say the wrong thing. "I can't say I'm sorry because I can't say I'm sorry about Conner but I will say this. I love you Kat and it is impossible for me to live without you. Please, please can we just work through this" He begged. How am I supposed to reply?

"O-okay but just so you know I don't like Bridget" I say and he smiles a huge smile.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vote | comment | fan x