Chapter 23- Adjusting To The New Members

Mason and I walked back into where Bridget and Conner are sitting in the living room. Skye and Carly have joined us along with Mason's mum, Jolene. 

"Hey guys" I say weakly. Just one look at Bridget and I could feel the tears start up in my eyes. I blink them back and plaster a fake smile to my face.

"Hi Emily" Carly says and stands up to hug me. I give her a quick hug because I know if it was long then I would just break down. You know, it really takes a lot out of you finding out that your mate has a kid with a human.

"So we really need to talk about this" Jolene says. "Bridget, why didn't you tell Mason about this earlier?"

"Well we had just broken up when I found out I was pregnant and I didn't know if Mason would just ignore us" Bridget said as she gave Conner a gentle squeeze. I mentally gag because if I did it out loud then that would just be rude.

"I wouldn't have done that Bridget" Mason said softly and anger built up inside of me. 

My feelings must have travelled through the mind link to him because he said in my head, "Babe I would have always have picked you over her. Even if we were together at the time we met" 

I calmed down at his words but I am still a little angry at him.

"Yeah I know but I was scared at the time" Bridget said. God I wish I could just punch her, but not with a kid in the room.

I take a seat beside Carly and Skye while Mason takes a seat opposite us on the chair. He looks over at me then turns his gaze towards Conner. They look so similar it's like looking at a baby version of Mason.

"What was his first word?" Mason asks Bridget.

"Mummy" She says with a big smile.

This whole thing makes me realize just how much I want pups with Mason and for their first words to be mummy or daddy. It physically hurts to know that Mason's first kid/pup was with another woman. Ohmigod I think I'm going to puke... again.

I run out the room and into the same bathroom from earlier and throw my guts up. The thing about that phrase is that it's exactly what it feels like when your puking.

Skye comes in and kneels beside me and starts to rub soothing circles on my back. Unlike Mason, she doesn't ask if I'm OK which I am grateful for. I mean, why ask a question that you already know the answer to? It just wastes time!

"Skye I don't know how I'm going to get through this" I say, my throat scratchy.

"You gotta do it Emily. It's the only way you'll survive now that you two are fully mated" She said still rubbing my back.

"I gotta do this" I say to myself.

"You gotta do this" Skye says then we leave and go back to the others.

***

Conner's POV

I'm sitting on mummy's lap while we are in a strange house. I'm not really listening because it's boring but when a girl runs out the room I look up. The same girl done that earlier. I wonder what's wrong with her?

I forget about the girl when a smell hits my nose. I can't figure it out but when a tall man says 'dinner' my tummy growls. People around me laugh so I join in. I don't know what we are all laughing at but I like to laugh.

After a few minutes mummy and I are led to a big room where lots of people are sitting at a big table. I sit in a seat beside mummy and the tall man from before. People start placing food on the table and it looks yummy. When a plate piled high with the food is placed in front of me I dig straight in and I hear my mum distantly tell me off but I don't listen.

After dinner mummy, me and the tall man go into an office and mummy tells me to listen so I do.

"Conner, baby I have something to tell you" Mummy says and I nod. "This is Mason. He is your daddy"

I look up at the tall man who is sitting behind a desk and he smiles at me.

"Daddy?" I ask and his smile gets bigger.

"Yes" He says and I smile too. I have a daddy.

***

Emily's POV

It was only yesterday that Mason and I found out about Conner. Bridget and Conner are currently in one of the spare bedrooms. Even I thought that it would be mean to send Conner away last night. Now Bridget, she could have totally gone back to where ever she came from.

I looked at the alarm clock only to find that it's five am. Mason's arm is around my waist holding me against him and I suddenly feel sick. I try to get out of his embrace but man does he not want to let me go.

I struggle and struggle until I finally come up with an idea. I elbow Mason in the stomach but it doesn't faze him. Time to bring out the big guns. I turn around so that I'm face to face with him and knee him where it ain't pretty. His face scrunches up and he lets out a loud groan. His hold on me slackens and I use that as my chance to run to the bathroom. 

I make it to the toilet just in time. I can still hear Mason groaning but it's not my fault that he wouldn't let me go so he can't hold it against me.

I realize something as I wash my hands. I'm late...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vote | comment | fan x