Chapter 13- Reluctant Family

Emily's POV

It's been two days since Carly caught Mason and us in their kitchen but my mind isn't really on that. I keep thinking about what Mason asked me.

"Will you move in with me? To the pack house?"

It gives me butterfly's in my stomach every time I think about it but I keep worrying what my family is going to say to me when I tell them. Especially Josh. He's been an ass to me ever since he and my mum and dad walked in on me and Mason in the living room.

Wow. We keep getting interrupted.

Anyway, Mason said he'd be with me when we told my parents but we both think it's best if I tell Josh alone. Mason may be an alpha, but Josh gets pissed easily. Even if it's only his little sister moving in with her mate.

I'm going to tell mum and dad first, then Josh. Today. I love Mason so much and I know he loves me too so I don't want to wait too long to move in with him. 

But it's not just me that's moving. Mason is also. He has been living with his family because alphas don't move into the pack house till they find their mate and move in with them. If you never find them, then you don't live in the pack house. Simple as that.

I know what I'm about to say is stupid but I can't help it. I need to find the perfect outfit. If my parents agree then I will moving today and I want to look nice for Mason's mum and well that's it. I don't like Rob. 

So, I am stuck between two outfits.

Choice number 1: a blue high-waisted skirt that comes down to about half way down my thigh, a lace white sweetheart neckline vest what stops at the waistband of the skirt with white and black wedges. The black goes with the bangles and necklaces for that outfit.

Choice number 2: blue denim shorts that are quite short but not slutty, a grey vest that's a little baggy but still hugs my curves and a pair of grey DC trainers. The jewellery is a blue pendent necklace that has a matching bracelet ring and stud earrings. They came in a pack. But my favourite thing about this outfit is that I can add a pair of Ray-Ban sunglasses that totally frame my face.

I stand for about another ten minutes until I come to a decision. Choice number 2. The sunglasses tipped the scale. 

I text Mason to come in an hour and then I go for a shower. I let my hair dry naturally (my hair dries fast) so that I have a few curls in it. While it's drying I sweep light make-up onto my face then pull my hair into a high ponytail where the curls show nicely at the back.

I'm now walking down the stairs when I hear the doorbell ring and then a scent hits my nose. It's a rich forest scent with a hint of Autumn. Mason. So I run down the stairs and fall. I should have expected it. I just scraped my knee on the wooden floor but it will heel fast so I get up and go to the door. 

Mason smiles down at me, gives me a quick kiss then I let him in. My parents were in the kitchen so we head there.

"Mason!" My mum says happily. She loves him. "I didn't know you were coming?"

"Sorry" Mason says sheepishly. When it comes to my parents he's a little shy. Cute isn't it?

"Oh it's fine honey. Your always welcome here" My mum said smiling.

"Thanks" Mason said smiling back.

"So, my loving parents that have put a roof over my head and fed me" I say as they look at me confused. "We need to talk to you" I point between  Mason and me.

"Oh God! She's pregnant Susan" My dad says. 

"No no. I'm not pregnant. We're not even fully mated" I exclaim before my mum came out with something I really didn't want to hear.