Chp.1

New house, new city, new state, new school, new friends, everything is uncharted waters for me at this point, I feel lost and alone. I think to myself as I grab my skateboard and push pass all the boxes that block my way as I walk to the front door. I yell "BYE MOM!" There was no answer.

Today's the first day at my new school I moved from all the way up in New York. You can't imagine how I feel right now, I went from living in the big apple, bright lights and sparkling advertisements to a small little ghetto city in California where the street lights flicker on and off, your basically walking in the darkness and not knowing where your going. Compton, I live in Compton.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by some idiot driver honking the horn at another idiot. Ugh. I continue thinking while I skate to school.

I'm not sure where the school is all I remember was that I had to turn right on the first block, or was it left. Lol I don't even know. I decided to take my chances and turn right I started skating fast as I check the the time 7:45. I have to be in class by 8:00. Then again I never get to class on time anyway. As I turned the corner I crash into someone and while I tried to brake before crashing, it obviously didn't work, my skate board rode on.

When I look up at the person who caught me I stare into his dreamy brown eyes. His hair was messy but he still looked hot asf. I stand up correctly and he asks me where I was going I said school, he chuckled and said your going the wrong way. I mumble to myself and said " I knew it was left." I looked up and we both started cracking up.

Suddenly we were interrupted by a huge crash sound. We look over and it was my skateboard, some dumbass drove right over my new skateboard. It was a pretty good skateboard. It was a Pharmacy skateboard, with a Grizzly grip, and Gold wheels. "Shit!" I burst out as I run into the street and get my skateboard that is now broken into two. I get up and see the boy running In front of me and hear a lot of honking horns. When I completely get up I see the boy screaming at the car that slightly braked a few inches away from me and him.

As we walked to school we laughed and talked then laughed some more. He's the only guy that would actually listen to me. We finally got to school and exchanged phone numbers. As he slowly backed away, walking backwards towards a group of guys calling him over he yelled "By the way I'm Steven." "I'm Nicole," I yelled back across the hall.