Chapter Three

~~~*Dick's P.O.V*~~~

I was in the training room, in the Wayne Manor, training. Sweat and tears mixed together as I was punching the punching bag that had a target on it. I wiped the sweat and tears away, I wasn't going to be as weak as they called me. Did I forget to mention it was about two years after I left the team? I was no longer Robin, Boy Wonder. I was now Nightwing, a vigilante on my own in the world with some help from Bruce and Alfred. Someone knocked on the door to the training room.

"Dick" Bruce said

"What's up, B?" I asked, turning to look at my former mentor.

"You promised that on your fifteenth birthday you'd return to the team" Bruce said, leaning on the door frame.

"Yeah, I know. I leaving, I'm leaving" I said, changing quickly into my new outfit.

My new outfit is an all black, skin tight, leather suit with a blue bird symbol on my chest with a pair of black converse because ny feet are too small for combat boots. I put on my domino mask and walked down to the Batcave and walked to the zeta beam.

'B01 Robin' The zeta computer announced as I materialized into the living room area.

"Reboot B01 Nightwing" I told the computer.

"Rebooting" It said as it changed Robin to Nightwing.

"Robin?" a familiar voice said

"Its Nightwing now" I said, my voice laced with venom. "I'm no longer the pretty boy you guys said I was two years ago"

I was suddenly engulfed in a bear hug by no other than Kid Mouth himself. I shoved him away.

"Don't you dare even think that I've forgiven you guys" I growled at them

I walked out of the room, my fists curling into balls. I needed to punch something and punching Wally isn't how I want to be welcomed back. Someone placed a hand on my shoulder and I looked down to see a green boy who was vaguely similar to someone I remember saving. Then it hit me, it was Garfield Logan!

"Gar?" I asked, looking at him.

"Hey Nightwing! Cool new name man!" Garfield said

"Hey Gar, thanks" I said

Garfield smiled and ran off. I smiled slightly and made my way back to the training room to punch something. I walked over to the closest dummy and punched it. It hurt wat to much to be a dummy. I looked up to find it was Conner. I grinned and hugged him tightly. He hugged back immediately.

"I missed you" He said.

"Me too..." I said,letting go and looking at him. I was about his height, he looked the same as he did two years ago.

"You didn't... age" I said

"I don't do that..." Conner said, quietly.

"I'm sorry..." i said.

"Do you need to punch something?" He asked

"Very much" i said.

Conner laughed and they went to punch some of the dummies. I may have ended up accidentally punching Conner again. But it was a good day.