Chapter 13: A Cloudless Night

Start from the beginning

"Pretty good! I got some really good ones of the crowd during Jonathan's speech." Abby nods.

"That's good." I smile.

She nods.

Right then, I notice my phone buzzing in my pocket.

I pull it out, and notice it's a text message from Andrew.

"They're here." I say, shoving my phone back in my pocket.

"I guess we should head downstairs then." Abby says, raising her eyebrows.

"Probably a good idea." I laugh.

The two of us make our way out of the apartment and down the elevator to the lobby of Trump Tower.

We exit the building, and the evening vibe of Downtown Chicago hits me hard.

It's warm out, and the sun is just barely getting ready to set.

The streets are buzzing with excitement, the Chicago River glistening with beauty.

I notice Andrew's car parked at the curb, and so Abigail and I make our way over to it, and get in the back seats.

Andrew is driving, and I guess Chaunette called shotgun.

"Hey fuckers!" Andrew laughs, as we close the doors behind us.

"Evening, Shawzy!" Abby giggles.

"You guys excited for tonight?" Chaunette says, looking back at us.

"You bet." I nod.

With that, the four of us make our way to Solider Field.

The traffic is fairly bad, as Solider Field is huge and the concert is completely sold out.

But, I don't mind.

The four of us talk and laugh together.

Apparently Jonathan, Natalie, Sharpie, and Abby Sharp are meeting us there.

"So what are you guys up to next week?" Chaunette asks.

I look over to Abigail, smiling.

"We're heading back to Buffalo on Sunday for a week, just to see my family again." I explain.

"Oh that will be nice!" Chaunette says.

"Definitely." I nod, smiling over at Abigail.

She smiles back at me.

"Does anyone know where our seats are?" Abigail asks.

"Yeah, they are in the first row of the first bowl. So not floor seats, but really good first bowl seats." Chaunette explains.

"Oh thank God. I hate floor seats, in all honesty. You can never see anything." Abigail laughs.

"I agree with you." Shawzy nods.

After about thirty minutes, the four of us have finally found a parking spot, and made our way into Soldier Field.

The concourse is busy, and the crowds are huge and loud.

People are all desperately trying to find their seats, get drinks, and are rushing around.

Abigail's hand finds mine, and the two of us interlace our fingers, to keep us from getting separated.

Finally, the four of us settle in our seats, and stare out at the stage.

The concert is to start in about fifteen minutes.

"Damn these are good seats." I laugh, looking out at the stage.

The stage is extremely close, and we are slightly higher than the floor seats, so we don't have to be outrageously tall to be able to see the stage.