.Prologue.

Frank had no idea why he was at a dog fight. Everyone around him intimated him, he loathed the thought of gambling and dogs were like his favourite animal for god's sake! Why would he want to see very angry and dangerous dogs, but still dogs, kill each other while crowds of MC guys cheered like they just won Buckingham Palace in lottery?

Oh yeah, he vaguely remembered now.

He wanted to do a good deed to make the world- or at least New Jersey a better place.

Man, who was he kidding except himself?

Frank Iero did this for himself, finale.

Because, believe it or not, he was incredible easy to guilt trip and it was even easier for Frank to guilt trip himself.

Which was what he had done.

After a week by slightly ignoring his girlfriend, his parents, starting to smoke yet again and calling in sick for work; he actually felt sick and the stones churning inside his stomach didn't help at all.

Therefore, to at least make the guilt stones inside him smaller, he went to one of Belleville's most dangerous places, Belleville was pretty dangerous all in all, but as in more dangerous than rest of the place- the dog fight club.

Somehow Frank had managed to convince himself that somewhere in this horrible place, there was one or some cute and miserable dogs that needed to be saved from a gruesome destiny.

Now looking at the big cages made out of iron, seeing as they shook every now and then and the awful growling, barking and every other dog-like sound emitting from them seemed to tear his little hope apart. Sure he loved dogs, but Rottweiler or Doberman had never been his favourite race.

Why couldn't it be cute border collies or pugs?

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to another show from this electric building, I'm your host for tonight Billy Bob Jackson and I can tell ya; it's going to be a great event!" Was suddenly emitted from the ring making everyone turn their attention towards it.

The dogs had been let out of their cages and were now chained to the wall. Frank's guess on the dog races had been nearly correct, seeing a Doberman and Schaefer was growling at each other.

"Tonight we've got two special entertainers," The man inside the ring screamed into the mic, making everyone cheer.

It was fucking disgusting.

"Two bitches, two bitches in chains, well at first hahaha!" He continued before spitting at the Doberman, making it bite after him.

The man, Billy Bob something, climbed out of the ring, giving signal that the fight would start soon.

"Well you can call me a dog, but I can tell you, I'm not stepping into that circle." And the crowd roared into laughter again. Frank felt even more sick as he continued to watch without battering an eyelash. How could people find pleasure in this?

"I can feel it's going to be an excellent evening tonight!"

For you maybe...

For a moment Frank was so absorbed into his own thoughts that he didn't notice people moving closer around him, trapping Frank in the crowd. And there was no way in hell he could just walk out of it without a scratch, if he had to push his way out. Most of the men who surrounded him had to at least be 6'7" and seemed to have bodybuilding as a hobby.

There was no way Frank '5'1" ' Iero could have managed to push through a rowdy crowd of motorcyclists without looking like he came straight from a mosh pit.

"I know that both Emma and Judy are quite prepared. I can sense the energy, the electricity. Can you feel it?!" Billy babbled into the mic before finally giving signal to release the chains which held the dogs.

And then the fight was on.

-

The fight had finished in a blur of sharp teeth, fur, claws, growling, and blood.

Frank had been forced to watch it there he stood trapped between motorcyclists and ex-prisoners. He had nearly thrown up a couple of times when the fight had been at its worst.

But in the end he had managed to cover the gags as coughs and it had gone surprisingly well. No one had killed him and he hadn't fainted, yet, but it was still a small victory for him.

He sighed heavily as he walked through some creepy alleyway behind the club. He had left the building with a heavy heart, he hadn't managed to save a single dog. The only thing he'd actually done was making even more guilt stones churning inside him and not getting himself injured or killed.

Hurray for Frank Iero the "hero".

Drowning himself in self-pity, Frank didn't hear the running paws, barking and dog-like panting behind him before he was tackled into the ground, face first.

His breath was knocked out of him as soon as he hit the ground, injuring his hands at the cold, hard pavement. Gasping breathlessly he managed to turn his body around only to be met with the unmistakeable growling of an angry dog.

It was the Doberman bitch who had won the fight.

Frank held his breath unknowingly, shaking of fear as he stared into the black pits of the dog's crazed eyes. It just stood there for a while, a few seconds? A minute? Frank didn't know, but the dog just stood there growling at him, dribbling saliva on his denim jacket and maybe, just maybe, it was a bit confused about what it could do with its newly found freedom.

Despite the situation, Frank felt bad for the Doberman. It had most likely been born into this life, born to serve in the fight ring. Bred to kill or be killed.

Suddenly there was a loud yell behind them, startling both Frank and the dog, followed by more voices and running feet.

The dog looked slightly panicked for a second before it started to growl at Frank again, this time more aggressive. It seemed like it was dead set on that the only escaping way was trough Frank, even though it could just run past him.

And when Frank didn't move, it did what every other angry dog would. The Doberman growled again, before lunging at Frank and sinking its teeth in Frank's throat.

Frank fell onto the ground again, his breath coming out as small hitches as he shook in fear and pain. He couldn't even gasp properly there he lay feeling the sticky thick yet warm body fluid trickle down his neck and soak his poor white t-shirt. The taste of the familiar metallic taste was even worse, when he felt it rise up from the back of his throat and to his mouth, choking him slightly.

He could still feel the adrenaline rush in his ears, pumping trough his veins making the cold venom filled pain less unbearable.

The voices around him seemed to quiet down along with the dimmed lights.

Oh, I'm going to die.. Was the last thought that crossed Frank's mind before everything turned black.

New fic!!

I'm really sorry that the prologue is so loooong...!1!1!

No but really, the chapters are gonna be a little bit shorter than this. I hope that's okay

Billy Bob Jackson is a song btw by Animal Alpha, a norwegian rock band, which is totally worth checking out!!

Comments and votes always makes my day!! ♡

Thanks for reading!

-fckEdenout