Chapter 2: Finding him

Start from the beginning

"Comfy there, Mel?" He asked as he pat my belly. He walked off and put a shirt on.

"Hop on." He said and I quickly jumped on his shoulders. I like it up here, it makes me feel not as small as I usually am. My tail was flicking around as he walked down the stairs.

"Hey. What's for dinner?" Jack asked the ladies that were fluttered around the kitchen.

"Wait and see." One of them said without turning around.

"Do you think we could get an extra plate of meat for tonight?" Jack asked.

"Sure. Who is it for?" A different one asked, not turning around yet again.

"Melody." He said and I let out a yip. The women instantly spun around and stared at me with wide eyes before breaking into huge smiles.

"Aww!" They all said in unison. One of the ladies held something out to me and I sniffed it. Meat. I quickly wolfed it down.

"When's Derek coming back?" Jack asked them.

"He should be back tomorrow." One of them said as she fed me another piece of meat. Jack whisked around the kitchen as he helped plate up dozens of meals. I wonder who Derek is. One of the women ran a bell and soon what sounded like a thousand pairs of feet (when it would probably only 30) came through the pack house and gathered in a room, I'm guessing the dining room. The plates were lined up on the bench and another bell was rung. Jack grabbed two plates (one for him and one for me) and walked into the dining room just as heaps of people came rushing out. He sat down close to the end of the table and I jumped down on to the floor and dug into my food. Goddamn this tastes amazing. I was situated right next to the chair at the head of the table. I lifted my head and I caught a scent. I crept closer to the chair as sniffed all around it. There was something about the scent that was bothering me. I let it go and went back to my food just as everyone else came in to the room and sat down. They chatted noisily and you could hear the occasional laugh echo throughout the room. When I was done I hopped on to Jack's lap and tapped his jawline with my paw. He looked down at me with a grin.

"What's up?" He asked and I sniffed at his plate. I let out a whine when I saw that it was empty.

"Does anyone have any meat left that they'd be able to spare?" Jack called out.

"Yeah I do." A female voice called out.

"Go get it." Jack said to me and I jumped on to the table. Children squealed in delight and adults gasped as I ran down the table. I stopped in front of the girl that called out and she looked at me in awe. She pushed her chair back a little and I jumped into her lap. She fed me her meat while she stroked my fur.

"Does it have a name?" She called out to Jack.

"Yeah. Her name's Melody." Jack replied and the girl repeated it to herself. I heard a door slam open and I jumped off her lap and hid under the table in fright. I ran back to Jack's feet and climbed up into his lap before curling into a ball and hiding behind my tail. I heard heavy footsteps and I hightailed it out of there. I jumped off his lap and ran as fast as I could upstairs and to his room. I hid under the covers.

"Hey Derek. You're home early." I heard Jack say.

"Yeah I wasn't needed any longer." A new person said. I heard someone sniffing the air.

"Is there someone new in the pack house?" Derek asked and I froze.

"There's Melody." The girl from before said.

"Melody!" I heard Jack calling me but I didn't move.

"I'll be back." Jack said and I heard him walking. Soon he was standing right beside the bed. He pulled the covers away to reveal my tiny body.

"Come on, Melody. Time to go downstairs." He said before reaching towards me. I bared my teeth and growled at him. I don't want to meet the new person.

"Fine." He said before walking away. He did something in the kitchen and soon the smell of fresh meat wafted to my nose. Before I could stop myself I had jumped out of the bed and raced downstairs. I leapt on to the bench and on to his shoulders, snatching the meat from his hand. I felt him walking as I devoured the delicious flesh. I heard someone gasp and I looked up to meet the eyes of someone I hadn't seen before. I had one word floating around in my head and I didn't want to accept it. I jumped down from Jack's shoulders and raced back up the stairs. I ran into a random room and hid under the bed.

No.

I don't want this.

A/N

Hello my lovelies!

Thanks for reading my second chapter. Don't forget to leave a comment or vote if you like

Toodles!

~ LaDaDeeDum