Chapter Twelve: Unwritten

Athena:

I climb through the hidden tunnels that lead under the academy into the dungeon.

I flick my wand at the dead end ahead of me and the stones move and vanish to make room for me to go through them.

I drop down onto the ground and examine my surroundings. I was in the dungeon... that I knew for sure.

Voices begin to emanate from within my head as I cautiously walk down the corridors.

I jerk my head up at the sound of rustling ahead

Readying my wand I couldn't make out the face of the person shuffling toward me. However I could sense a kind magic about whoever it was. And that is not something you are suppose to find in a creepy place like this.

"Athena."

I tilt my head to the side and cast a spell to illuminate a few inches in front of me.

Jolene is standing there looking at me frowning.

"Why aren't you attacking me?" She asks, despite my obvious shock that she wasn't attacking me.

I smile at Jolene warmly with no hint of falseness in it and I think she recognized that, by the way she looked sad.

"Hurry, you don't have much time left. Take this and hide it." Jolene says peering over her shoulder and when she looks back she quickly hands me a vial of a red-gold substance.

"Hiprotis." I mutter.

Jolene nods and grabs me by the shoulder, "Now I am going to need you to have little blind faith in me, Athena if this is going to work. Give me your wand."

I, for some strange reason unknown to me, do as she says and hand over my wand which she sticks in her own back pocket.

Then Jolene mutters a spell and instantly my hands are bound together by metal wrist restraints.

I look up at her and tell her this before she begin to move, "Thank you Jolene."

She doesn't reply, but I could feel her nodding her head and slowly, ever so, leads me down the corridor toward what could be my last moments.

And for the first time since I became a Guardian in this life, I begin to pray.

XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

Klaus:

However much I wanted to deny it, Elias and I are no match for the evil witch in front of us.

"My, how prominent your souls are! They will be fabulous additions to my collection." She says cackling.

"Who are you?" I demand and she asks curious, "The Guardian who gave you your mark didn't tell you?"

Elias and I shake our heads.

"Good grief. They're becoming worse than I thought. I mean, how can a Secret Keeper, much less two of you, not know of the great Balthazara?"

That name rings through my head until I finally remember what it means.

"You're the original sorceress that cursed the Guardian of the Ark with reincarnation."

Balthazara nods eagerly. "Proud of it too."

"Mentor, I caught someone." Another voice pierces the darkness.

Balthazara turns her back to us slightly and smiles with all evil intentions behind it.

"Ah, Jolene is it our Guardian?"