Chapter Eleven: Returning to the surface

A/N: The media above is a fair likeliness to what  I Imagine Balthazara's staff to look like. To be explained!

XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

Klaus:

The journey upwards towards the surface was a lot more surprising than going down.

What happened? Nothing. That's what happened. I felt no weird sensations. No spiders crawling over me.

My stomach still was complaining from the mark I have been given... by Athena.

A girl, who looks way too young to be a Guardian, leads us up the winding stairs and takes a key from her pocket and holds it up in front of her face. The door seems to know what she is doing and it opens.

We walk in silence and stop a few minutes later.

"Wait here for the headmaster to take you back."

The girl turns to go, but stops and turns back around, "Take care of her for us, and if you make her cry... well I'm not called Tiger for nothing."

That's all 'Tiger' says before rushing presumably back to the rest of the Guardians, leaving behind her a sense of something dreadful.

"Well well well. What do we have here?"

I take out my wand and spin around, only to come face to face with a red glow. That somehow made me weary and all my muscles sore as if I had run a thousand miles without stopping. It was very painful.

"That's right sleep."

The last thing I see before I faint, is my wand being thrown into the dimness of the dawn forest.

XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

Jolene:

I watch from behind Balthazara as she thrusts her magic demon staff in front of Klaus Goldstein. He and his brother Elias both sway for a second before their eyes begin to close.

"I'm confused mentor. Why are we taking these two men?" I ask.

Balthazara waves her staff and we all materialize into the dungeon of the Academy.

"My dear Jolene pay attention. Whose aura do you see from these two men?"

I was taught by her when I first started my apprenticeship to read auras, and as she told me, it is a natural born gift.

"The Ark Guardian." I reply. I read Athena Constance's soul when she was leaning out of a window when I pretended to try to catch her familiar.

Balthazara nods and with a chortle opens a disguised door within the dungeon cell and enters her potion and spell room.

"Now, Jolene. What is the potion to erase someone's memory?"

"Easy, Hiprotis."

She nods proudly and goes to brew it.

----After a while Balthazara exclaims proudly, "It's done! Come Jolene!"

I step forward and Balthazara hands me a vial containing a reddish gold liquid. The Hiprotis.

"Now, Jolene, go and wait for the trap to be sprung."

I nod and leave the spell room looking at the vial myself.

It was a shame that such a potion would be used for evil...

XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

A/N:

I am SO sorry for the short chapter! However much you want to kill me for it I am already thinking up what will come next.... Wait and see!

AND the next few chapters are dedicated to Snow-Winter Queen, as she is the only one who ever comments.

-Jackie Blake