07: Chapter Seven.

-Dedicated to @808sunshine, my amazing friend Tina, because she's an amazing person and a fantastic writer! I love youuu. x

●════════●♥●════════●

The Girlfriend Project

Chapter Seven

~Niall’s pov.~

“I have to go, thanks for the date bye.” Pepper looked honestly worried as she dashed out of my car and towards her front door. I had almost kissed her, I really had wanted to kiss her but I obviously didn’t get the chance. I didn’t even have the chance to tell her to text me or ask if she wanted to go out again.

I rested my head against my steering wheel, a bit frustrated. I had just had the best date ever, and now I was ripped away from her so quickly. With the way things seemed to be going, I doubted I’d ever get a second date with her, her father didn’t seem too happy.

I glanced out my passenger side window, in the dim light of the living room window; I could see Pepper fighting with her dad. I felt so awful, I probably just got the girl grounded. Grounded, Pepper will most likely be upset with me.

Deciding it was time to go; I revved up my engine and drove off, angry with myself. I felt the tires against the pavement, far too aware she was probably not going to talk to me for at least a week. What if I had completely blown it with Pepper? What would I do then?

I really, really like her. In fact, I believed I fancied Pepper. Her hair, the way it fell on her shoulders, and her sparkling eyes. There was just something about her that made me long to be near her. Part of her was just plain addicting, I needed more. I wasn’t sure if it was something as simple as her smell or something as complex as her personality. I just knew that Pepper was different than the other girls and I wanted her.

Even if she was grounded or something along the sort, that couldn’t last for forever, right? Suddenly optimistic, I smiled and continued to drive. This day had been wonderful, and I wasn’t going to let a sudden turn of events change it. It was obvious I liked Pepper, and she liked me. Her father would lighten up soon, hopefully. Until then, I just wanted to get back to my hotel room in Seattle and rest.

Thoughts clouded my mind as I continued to speed down the interstate. What sort of boy does Pepper like, what does she look for in a guy? I mean I knew she liked me, or at least on a fan-girl sort of level. Although, what if once she really got to know me she wasn’t so sure anymore? What if she gave up on me, deciding that I wasn’t her sort of type after all? Even if this was just a crush, I didn’t want that to happen. Little heartbreak or big heartbreak, I didn’t prefer either.

I knew that chances were she was grounded, and I knew that I was leaving the state soon, but I wanted to make this work. I may have finally found the girl for my project, and I didn’t want to let her go. The project, I couldn’t forget about it.

That struck up a new worry – what if I found someone else, someone I liked more than Pepper even? I mean I was currently crazy about her, as I had admitted to myself in the past few minutes and hours, but that didn’t keep me from being entirely human. There was a chance the time I was away from her – we could both forget about this date and move on completely; acting as if it never happened.

I pushed those pessimistic thoughts away, trying to focus on other things about her. Maybe we wouldn’t grow apart, maybe we’d continue to go on really fun dates, and everything would be okay. I wasn’t typically mush over girls like this, but Pepper just really got to me. Everything about her, her sparkling eyes and wavy hair that was the color of chocolate, and Pepper’s personality was endearing as well. She lit up the whole room when she walked in.