The Art of Romance: Part 1

Chapter Eleven: The Art of Romance

For the next week or so Rogue tried to avoid Gambit but it was very difficult seeing as they had early training together and he was assisting in her morning classes, but even when they not working together or training he always made an excuse to be around her. He even volunteered to go shopping for the week's food supplies. It was her turn and she hated shopping more than anything. Why would anyone volunteer to go food shopping was beyond her? She didn't want to admit the obvious reason, and that was that he simply wanted to spend time with her.

It was the afternoon they came back from grocery shopping and Kitty and Piotr were in in the kitchen helping Remy and Rogue put away the all the food they bought.

"Rogue, you are so lucky," Kitty said as picked up a gallon of milk with both hands, but Piotr came along and saw that she was struggling and took it from her.

"Allow me," he said with made Kitty giggle. She gave him a flirty smile as he picked up two more gallons in the other hand and placed them on the counter.

"How is that?" Rogue asked. She thought it almost shameful the way she had Piotr wrapped around her little finger, but Kitty had always been a little flirty when it came to boys.

"Well, you get a cute guy to help you out with attends and insist in your classes. I wish I could get someone to do that," she said and she looked right at Piotr. Just then she saw the big Russian go pale and sweaty.

Rogue looked a little guilty thinking that she overstepped her bounds having Remy help her out so much. She was about to say something, but he spoke first.

"Remy happy to help out a lovely lady," he said and took Rogue's hand. She was still wearing her gloves and even though she didn't need them Remy had not said a word about it. She was grateful for that. "Besides, Rogue here works too hard. Only decent thing Remy can do is makes t'ings a little easier for her."

"Ya know ya didn't have to come," Rogue said. "Ah could have handled it on mah own."

"I know you could have, but why do it alone when you could have a distraction." She thought he was being a little arrogant and on anyone else it would have been revolting, but with Remy for some reason it was enduring. "Make the time go by easier."

"Well, maybe, but ah was glad for your help," Rogue said and Kitty was shocked. "Ah still do feel a little guilty about takin' up your free time, so ah'll have t'do somethin' to make it up ya. How about ah take your chores for a week."

"Non, Remy got a better idea," he said and came close to her. "How 'bout I take you out Saturday night?"

Kitty had a big grin on her face while Piotr pretended not to hear them.

"Am ah payin'?" Rogue asked.

"Non, no way would I make a femme pay. When you out wid Remy it's first class all de way."

"Then how is that payin' you back if you're footin' the bill."

"De pleasure of your company," he said and took her hand and kissed it. "So what do you say?"

"Ah don't know," she said stumbling over the words. Everyone would be talkin' and..."

"Are you afraid, chere?" Remy asked her. She didn't realize that Kitty and Piotr left the kitchen.

"No, ah ain't afraid a nothin'," she said shocked and angry that he would imply that she was scared.

"Den prove it an go out wid me Saturday night," he said.

"Is that a bet?" She fired back at him.

"Answer de question," he said and she still looked flustered, but she could see he was dead serious. "Alright, but just to prove a point."

"De point is to have a good time, dat's how you can pay me back," he said and came close to her. "Now, you jus' be ready at six and wear your prettiest dress. Remy take you some place nice."

"So where are we goin'?"

"Dinner and dancin' for starters," he said.

"Sounds good," she said and tried to go back to the groceries, but Remy took her hand again.

"Let's seal it wid a kiss," he said, but before she could protest he lips were on hers. There was enough heat in the room to melt all the food they still had not put away. "Dere, now you can't back out."

"Ah'm not gonna back out," she said and picked up two dozen eggs and placed them in the refrigerator.

She looked at her gloves and realized something. Remy was right when he said she was afraid, but she was afraid more of herself and not anyone else. Still she didn't have the heart to take off those gloves. She hoped one day she would have the courage to.

Where should Remy and Rogue go on their date? Let me know in the comments.