Five: Haku's POV

FIVE: HAKU'S POV

"From what I heard, the young girl who came through the well needs to fight a demon in her world, this demon, by its name, appears to be like one that I assisted your mother in slaying over forty years ago, we should not interfere in this battle."

My uncles words continue to echo in my head as Koga and I investigate the well that she leapt into. As kids, we used to be tossed into the well by our parents, to say that they were concerned about the well consuming us and bringing them to my aunt's world, didn't they insist that the gateway would only open for someone who is destined to go through the well? Then who is that girl? What role does she have here?

"I don't get it... her scent ends here, everything stops here and we both know what happens when you throw yourself in there." I mutter, sitting down, propping my back up against the well.

"I know. But if she went in..."

"You're not suggesting that we jump in...are you?" I smirk, brow raised.

"And if I am?"

"I'll only jump if you're going to jump Koga."

"And I'll only jump if you're going to jump, Haku."

"C'mon then." I jump to my feet and climb atop the border of the well, Koga joins me up there.

"Ready? " Koga asks, raising a brow.

"Yep." I return the gesture, holding my hand out to hold onto Koga, he's not backing out if I'm not.

Taking my hand, my cousin smirks. "Three. Two. One! "

The two of us jump from the edge and land with a thud on the dusty ground.

"Is it me or did it get darker?" I ask, rising to my feet, stretching.

"Seems like it, come on, this was clearly a bust." Koga declares, springing out of th well. "Uh...Haku..."

"What?" I ask.

"I think it worked!" Koga exclaims. My eyes widen as I breathe in a new array of scents, so this is what my Aunts world smelt like.

My older cousin is the first one to leap up and out of the well, landing with a thud before reaching over to haul me out of there. This is a very unusual place, decorated with sultras that won't work on demons as powerful as us.

"Shall we get out of here? Have a poke about? This is where my mum grew up after all."

"Yes, lets." I nod my head, shoving the doors open and being exposed to a brand new world, everything is so advanced, the colours and smells are so captivating. There's a lot of grey around and not much grass, but the future is bound to be more than what meets the eye.

"Hey..." a frail looking man hobbles out of one of the older looking buildings on the grounds. "Are either of you my nephews?"

Is he blind? Could this guy be serious? There's no way in hell that we-

"Are you Higurashi Sota?" Koga asks, brows raised.

"I am indeed." The old man nods his head.

"No way... You're... You're my mum's brother."

"I am indeed. Who may you two be, only my sister and Inuyasha were able to pass through that well."

"I am Koga, son of Kagome and Inuyasha." My cousin bows, pinching my ear and yanking it so I also bow.

"And you?" Sota asks.

"I am Haku, son of Sesshomaru and Rin."

"Sesshomaru...I remember that name...ahh, Inuyasha's brother was it?"

"Yes. We are your nephews." Koga nods his head.

The elderly man turns away from us and walks over to the house that is on the grounds, beckoning us over to follow him.

"He's really taking us under his wing?" I cock a brow.

"No need to be so untrusting, Haku, you're just like your dad."

"And you're too trusting like your mother." I tease.

"Come now you two." Our new found Uncle waves us over. "If you're intending to lurk you should wear something so you don't stand out too much."

But...he's in robes and garmets similar to my own. Isn't this how normal people dress? Or do they dress more like that Reina girl? Nakagawa Reina?

"C'mon Haku, don't be a slowcoach."

"I'm coming Koga." I whine.

"My family always figured that one day, my sister's children would appear, so we always kept some clothes laying about for you. Inuyasha was always stared at because he never wore modern clothes like Kagome." Our uncle says, now deep inside the house. Wow, this place is incredibly advanced and looks much weirder than home. Nothing there was chrome or cold, back home everything wasn't looking like some sort of demon like the robotic resurrected human like thing, the one I was told about as a kid. My father referred to him as Ginkotsu, my uncle supposedly made him explode.

"Come now, just up the stairs there's a room with the clothes in it. You both have shoes,brilliant! Saves me a shopping trip."

My brows furrow, I know that we can trust this uncle of ours but this is a while new level of weirdness and kindness. My uncle and Aunt and uncle Koga as well as Miroku and Sango are kind,but I would have never expectedthem to offer us so much on the spot. This Sota... He is Aunt Kagome's brother. I wonder how much he knows of our world. And I wonder if he'll educate us about his world. Maybe I'm being too wistful.

With a sigh, Koga and I begin to examine the garments of this world. There's lots of white on these clothes, most of them are lined with different colours. I wonder if we'll find anything similar to our own robes. Koga wears red while my family preferred purple.

A vision, a random flashback crosses me, blocking my sight. Her, watching her, the white haired body double of my mother's whole heart area be pierced, despite her rich violet armour.

I wince. Not now.