Chapter 2: Chance Is Here

After a minute of running, I finally reached the meadow. Yup I run and I highly regretted that idea. I didn't use my bike. Stupid me.

I inhaled and exhaled trying to calm myself from the running I did. Then I found Danni and Majurie seating under the fig tree, so I head towards them.

"Hey!" I said casually. They both glared to me. "Look I'm really sorry if I'm late. And oh stop glaring you two." I said putting both of my hands into my hips.

"You're 30 minutes late. We even thought you woudn't show up." Danni said in that exasperated fake annoying british accent.

"Yeah. We almost died here waiting." Marjurie complained. Exaggerated aye?

I rolled my eyes. Can they just be happy that I'm already here? But yeah, I couldn't blame them, I let them wait for like 30 minutes and that's a complete torture for unpatient people like them.

"Ok to be honest I really forgot because I kind of enjoyed my moms cupcakes. But hey! I'm already here so forgive me maybe?" I said with matching puppy-eyes. I don't know if it'll work on them.

Danni rolled her eyes. "That won't work. But since we love you...." They both look to each other. "Forgiven!" They said simultaneously. I laughed. I know they love me way too much haha.

I sat in the tire swing hanging on the tree and started swinging. I actually doesn't know who attached this thing on here, but as far as I know this swing have been here for like eternity. And this place became one of special place for me, Danni, and Marjurie. It felt like we already owned this spot...the tire swing and the tree. Its like our own property since no one really come here that much except for us, well I suppose.

"Cupcakes huh?" Danni smirked.

I chuckled. "Yeah. I kinda forgot everything. It's like cupcakes invaded my brain."

"Ohhhh I already miss your Mom's homemade cupcakes. Haven't taste them for like ages now." Marjurie said.

"It's because you both are busy with your boyfriends." I sarcastically said and stick my tongue out to them.

"WHAT?!" They both said in unison.

"What?" I asked.

"Boyfriend? I don't have one. And you knew it Cait!" Danni being defensive. "But ask Marjurie, maybe she have."

Me and Danni smirked.

"Wha--- no! He isn't my boyfriend. We're just friends ok." Marjurie defensively said while blushing.

We smirked more. "Really?" Me and Danni chorused.

Marjurie rolled her eyes. But I could tell that she's blushing and her face is as red as a tomato. We let the topic drop for Marjurie's sake lol.

"So what's the good news?" I asked remembering the main reason why I'm here. I turned my gaze to both of them. They are grinning already.

I stopped from swinging using my toes and raise my brows to them. "What?" I asked still wating for them to speak.

"Morgan invited us to her party!" They said simultaneously, almost shouting. What's so exciting about that?

"That's it? Not even worth to excite for." Look I'm dissappointed ok. I effortly run to come here and thats it?

"You comin?" Marjurie asked.

"Of course she is! Right Cait?"

I shrugged. "Maybe not. What would I even do there? I'll ditch that one. I'm already telling you."