29- I do

"Are you nervous?" Arthur Weasley asked as he helped Remus with his bow tie. They were standing together in a small Scottish chapel along with Ted and Andromeda Tonks and a tiny, local vicar.

"Bloody hell yeah." He replied, taking a deep breath to try and calm his thumping heart, "Excited though. Can't wait."

"Not long now." Molly said aloud as she ran into the room, all happy and smiling, "Get ready." Remus let out a long sigh, rolling his lips to try and not appear so clearly petrified. He silently took his place at the front, standing before the short man in his tight suit.

"You ready sir?" He asked with a toothy smile, flicking open the small book he held to the right page. Remus nodded slowly, counting to ten in his head to desperately try and contain the fizzing ball of nerve endings inside of him. He heard the sound of the door of the room shutting, signalling the Ted had just left to join his daughter. Soon, it shut again, but this time he could tell it meant that they had just joined them in the room from Molly's low whisper. The small vicar gave him a gentle nod and he turned around, his jaw flying open as he did so. Nymphadora Tonks looked sheer perfection.

A long, white dress that clung to her slim frame, rippling down her legs before flaring and trailing behind her slightly on the stone floor. A lace bodice starting at the top of her chest, hanging low over her throat and just showing off the small, silver locket that she wore. Elbow length sleeves of the same material held in close to her bare arms, accentuating the length and elegance of them. She looked so natural, simple brown hair tied back in a bun with a strip falling along the side of her cheek. And she didn't trip. Not even once did she stumble over the layers of fabric that fell around her legs, hiding what he thought would probably pumps or flats. Trusting Dora in heels on a stone floor would not be likely to end well. It seemed to take hours for her to reach him, but as soon as she did; it was quick and, in what felt like seconds, she had her hands held in his, facing him with an undeniable amount of love in her dark eyes.

"Are you Nymphadora Andromeda Tonks?" The small priest asked her with a smile, to which obviously replied, 'yes'. "And are you Remus John Lupin? We are here today to witness the most serious of bondings, that of holy wedlock. These two young people have been through grief and sorrow; and found sanctuary in one another when times were hard. Are there any reasons any person present here wishes to make as to why these two people may not be joined in holy matrimony. Speak now or forever hold your peace." Silence, "Thank you.

"And now to the vows. Ladies first. Repeat after me please, 'I, Nymphadora Tonks.'"

"I, Nymphadora Tonks."

"'Do take thee, Remus Lupin.'"

"Do take thee, Remus Lupin."

"'To be my lawfully wedded husband.'"

"To be my lawfully wedded husband."

"'In sickness and in health, as long as we both shall live.'"

"In sickness and in health, as long as we both shall live."

"Thank you. And now, Remus." He repeated the same vows, never once looking away from Dora's deep grey eyes, "Marriage is a bond so strong and deep," the vicar continued, "That we hope it may never be broken. And now, the rings. Nymphadora, please."

"I give you this ring as a symbol of my love." She said softly, gently slipping the metal ring onto Remus's finger with a smile, "Through the good and the bad. May you look at it and remember that I love you and will always be there."

"Thank you, and now Remus." The vicar smiled widely, showing off several large gaps between his yellowing teeth.

Nothing.

He locked eyes with her, hoping that she understood what he was trying to tell her. He was suddenly unsure, all of his fears kicking back in.

But as he looked into her fearful eyes, his system restarted once more and he spoke.

"I give you this ring as a symbol of my love. May it have no end."

"And now..." the old man smiled, "By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you man and wife. Remus Lupin, you may kiss your bride."

He gently pressed his lips to hers, tasting the lipstick that lined them with a happy smile. Finally, he had done it, plucked up the guts and married the girl of his dreams. His heart felt like it was about to burst right out of his chest it was beating so fast and joyfully. As Dora pulled back from the kiss and slung her arms around his neck, he breathed a sigh of relief, though it was drowned by the happy clapping from the audience of four.

"Congrats Mr Lupin." She whispered teasingly in his ear, "You've finally done it. All married and everything now. The rest of the Marauders would be proud."

"Never even dared to dream this day would come." Remus whispered back as he tucked his arms under her knees and chest and lifted her up off the stone ground, the skirt of her dress slipping through and trailing onto the floor, "I'm so happy." She leant her head against his chest, taking in a deep breath of his smooth, chocolaty scent.

And as they emerged out of the doorway into the warm air of outside to showers of confetti, he felt that just for once, his life was going well.

A.N-

I am sooooo sorry that I took this long to update such a crap chapter. I've had loads of homework and just haven't been able to find the motivation. I'll try and update in less than a week this time, but no promises.

A very guilty person
---------------x---------------