How it started.

Emmett went to visit his cousins. They would work in the fields and help out in the house. They wanted to go to a store in town. When they got there, the woman behind the counter was a white woman. Her husband was off somewhere else.

Emmett's cousins dared him to do something he shouldn't have, it was illegal where they where but he didn't know that. They didn't think he would follow through with it. But he did. And man, was it a mistake. But he made history and definitely made a difference. He was the start to the Civil Rights Movement.

The picture above, I'd like to be looked at very carefully. The left is before. The right is after. There is many picture but I choose this one. It shows before and after which is exactly what needs to be spread.

I'm hoping all over the place but it's needed. He supposedly wolf-whistled at a white woman. BS. This makes me mad. Its unfair.

Imagine how his mother, Mamie Till, felt. There is a video for that. you can hear her crying and believe me, it sucks the life out of you. If you have kids, then pay attention closely because the world isn't safe! Never let them go.

As Emmett and his cousins left the store, Carolyn ran to Juanita's car to grab a gun. She refused to tell her husband. But little did that do her. He was outraged when he found out. He and his half-brother went to the house where Emmett Till and his cousin and their family were.

Moses, Wright answered the door. They asked where the boy who did the talking was. Moses and his wife Elizabeth begged them to leave him alone. She bribed them with money. But they refused. They walked in, pistol in one of the mans hands, and went right to where Emmett was sleeping.  They told him to put some clothes on and go with them. He did as he was told.

After driving around looking for a place to go, they decided on the Tallahatchie River. He was beaten brutally and then shot. They sank his body to the bottom of the river using barbed wire wrapped around his neck tied off to a 75 pound cotton gin fan.

Three days later, a fisherman was fishing in a boat when he saw feet/knees sticking out of the water. He called the police. He was pulled out of the water but he was so mutilated that there wasn't an easy way to identify who the person was. But one person was able too.

Emmett Till wore a ring on his finger that  had his father's initials on it. L.T. He was then identified as Emmett Louis Till. That's exactly who it was, so they weren't wrong about that ring. That ring was an assuring artifact that put his mother at ease, that he was found I mean.

She had his body shipped back home to Chicago. The funeral was scheduled and would be a major turning point in history. Mamie Till opted the funeral to be an open-casket funeral. But she was told the smell was absolutely putrid and shouldn't be opened. But she got her way. The open-casket lasted 5 days. long enough for 100,000 people to visit. Some fainted, some cried, some couldn't handle it. It caused Mamie so much pain but she was doing this so everyone could she what those horrible people did to her only child, her only son.

"It never occurred to me that Bobo would be killed for whistling at a white woman." — Simeon Wright, Emmett Till's cousin

"With his body water-soaked and defaced, most people would have kept the casket covered. [His mother] let the body be exposed. More than 100,000 people saw his body lying in that casket here in Chicago. That must have been at that time the largest single civil rights demonstration in American history." — Jesse Jackson

This is a link to where I got some of my information.

Resource:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/02/27/emmett-till-juanita-milam/5873235/