Meeting the protected sister

YOU’R POV

Sitting down in my seat staring out of the window at nothing yet everything I stated to think over the small holes in my plan, I had heard of that detective… L and I was going to get him involved, it would be more interesting to see who was more intelligent and who in the end, won. Was it going to be the famous detective L or the turning power hungry student Light?

“Abby, that girl is sitting down next to you” Saki said looking down at the human in front of her with distaste.

‘So’ I thought bored not understanding what Saki’s sudden fascination with this girl was.

“I shouldn’t be telling you this but I have been told by Kiyoshi that a shinigami of the name Gelus is watching over her sister… she might be of interest to you… later on” Saki said smirking cruelly down at the young female in front of her. Slumping down in my seat I felt Shinju do the same, resting her arm next to mine, glaring down at the intruders arm in my personal space, I looked at Saki as a smirk formed on my lips.

‘Maybe’ I thought after praising Saki for her information. Looking down at the girl next to me, I analysed her. From what I gathered she would be up to my chin stood up, she had brown eyes with specks of amber. Black straight hair… straightened not natural. Her hair was not well looked after, spilt ends, flyways and light fuzzing at the bottom of her hair. Taking everything about her in and sighed, I know it sounds bad but I really couldn’t be bothered with her… and what would I do when I didn’t need her anymore?

“Hi I’m Abby” I said looking at the front of the class room. Not getting an answer from the girl I looked over to her to see her gaping at me like a fish, smirking evilly on the inside I gave her a soft smile.

‘But from the looks of things she is single… duh. Lives alone by the way she presents herself but wants to feel loved by curtain people… her sister and me? Her family is dead; she seems slightly needy and clingy by the way she kept trying to keep our arms together… great just what I need!’ I thought and glanced at Saki to see her smirking at me.

“And I’m guessing you’re Shinju” I said softly seeing the blood rush to her face, smirking I looked her over.

“Hmm h-how d-d-did y-y-you know m-my n-name?” she finally stuttered out making me mentally roll my eyes. Thinking over what she said I kicked myself for not being careful when I saw her name on her books.

“It’s on your books” I said smiling, forcing myself not to sound smug. I heard a small “oh” but my attention was ripped away from the girl as the teacher walked into the room greeting everyone.

“Ah I see your on time today Abby” the teacher said sitting down at her desk, pulling out the register.

“You know I would never do anything naughty for you miss Lund” I replied giving the teacher my famous smirk. Discreetly glaring heatedly at the girl next to me I sighed quietly ripping a piece of paper out of my school note book and jotted down the words I knew I was going to regret… hell I was regretting it now. But this was going to help me and when I’m done with her…

Sliding the note over to the girl, I watched her from the corner of my eye. Smirking as my eyes studied the girl reading the note again and again in what I saw to be disbelief. Feeling her hand hesitantly slide into mine, I tilted my head down slightly making my hair covered my face as a dark smirk stretched my lips while I entwined my fingers with hers.

As the class was packing away I pulled my hand away from hers only for my ears to be greeted by a whimper, rolling my eyes I packed my things. Standing up I looked down at Shinju, talking her bag from her shoulders I held my hand out for her to take. Pulling her up I let go of her hand to wrap my arm around her waist.