I am sitting with Gally, Newt, Minho and another friend of Minho's named Ben. We eat our fresh made brownies and make jokes. Gally has seemed to lighten up a little, laughing for the first time, yet I am still cautious. We're settled around the fire and making up ridiculous stories of how we got here.

  "Maybe we are all the best looking people left on Earth and they put us here to preserve us?" Minho suggests.

  "But then why are you here?" Ben asks sarcastically.

  "You got me there." Minho replies while everyone laughs at Ben's remark, taking a swig of his water. "What about you, Olivia?"

  "Huh?"

  "You're a girl. Maybe you have a different idea."

  "I really don't know."

  "Bummer. I'm still keen on my idea. We are probably the most sexiest 75 teenagers on Earth."

  "For sure." Gally rolls his eyes.

  We all laugh as Minho keeps blabbering on and on about different reasons we are stuck here. It's quite amusing, seeing him actually work his brain for once. Newt and I are sitting close to each other, hip against hip. When he laughs at Minho jokes, it seems to light up the world. His cheesy grin, his smiling eyes, it all seems so perfe-

  "Earth to Olivia!" Minho shouts to me.

  "Huh? What?"

  "We've been sitting here for the past two minutes watching you make goo goo eyes at Newt," He laughs, acting like a head over heels teenage girl. "Oh my gosh! Newt you're so handsome! Please, take me into the woods and make out with me!" He says, raising his voice.

  "What? No! Be quiet, you don't know what you're talking about." I say, but I can't hide my red face or the embarrassment in my voice.

  "Oh girls and their hormones." Minho teases.

"I was just thinking about how–" I whisper, trying to make an excuse.

  "Yeah, about Newt. Don't worry, we'll give you some privacy." And with that, the three boys stand up and leave.

  "Wait! Guys! Come back. Oh my God." I say, laughing now as Minho blows me kisses.

  "That was quite the show." Newt says, and I look up at him. He is a good few inches taller than me so I have to crane my neck upwards to see his grin plastered onto his face.

  "That was embarrassing," I say, covering my face.

  "Don't hide your face love," He chuckles and removes my hands from my eyes. "I want to see your face."

  I blush like crazy.

  "Newt I, um, I wasn't staring at you. Er, I mean I was but not like-"

  "I don't mind you staring at me," He smiles, dazzling white teeth making my heart flutter.

  A screech sounds over the Glade, echoing off the walls. It ear piercing and blood shaking. It makes me jump and I find myself tucked into a ball on Newt's lap.

  He laughs. "It's okay Olivia. It's only a Griever." He runs his fingers through my long brown hair.

  I uncurl my arms and legs but stay huddled close to Newt.

  "Has anyone every seen a Griever before?" I ask.

  "And lived to tell about it? No." He replies. His arm is around my back now and he pulls me closer to him.

  I am almost asleep when I hear Alby.

  "Newt!" He yells, marching over to us. Newt doesn't even flinch. Doesn't rip his arm off or scoot away from me. I am scared Alby is going to chew him out for, what do you call it, touching me? Being this nice to me?

  And my predictions are right.

  "Why? Get your hands off of her!" He says. Newt disobeys. "Newt, you listen to me okay? You know what, I don't have time to deal with this right now. You two, come with me." We scramble to our feet as fast as possible as a furious Alby takes off across the Glade. Newt's holding my arm as if I am going to run away. He was yelling so loud that almost all heads were turned towards us. Someone whistles at us and Newt's grip tightens.

  We follow Alby into the Homestead, and into a room I wasn't familiar with. It had lots of chairs surrounding a table, like a meeting room.

  Alby shuts the door and stomps over to something in the corner. He picks it up and sets it on the table. It's my box.

  "What is that doing-" I start to say but Alby interrupts.

  "Did you ever bother to look all the way through this?" He asks, talking a little bit more rational this time.

  "No." I furrow my brows.

  "You went through her stuff?" Newt exclaims.

  "What belongs to her belongs to all of us, Newt. Surely you'd know that, Second in Command," Alby snaps. What has gotten over him? And do my tampons belong to them too?

  "Did you two even wonder why the sun never came out today? Why the skies were gray for the first time ever with no clouds?" Alby continues, interrupting my amusing thoughts.

  "Well yes, but I didn't know why." I say quietly, genuinely scared.

  "What does this have to do with her things?" Newt asks, angry this time.

  "Because what I found may be the answer." He reaches into the box and pulls out a small piece of paper and shoves it to me.

  I take it cautiously and unroll the paper, heart beating so fast it threatens to break through my chest.

  I gulp and read the five words written on the paper out loud.

"She's the last one, ever."

AUTHOR: Hi guys! How are y'all liking "Perilous Love" So far? WHO SHIPS NEWLIA????!!!! ❤️ I sure do. And don't you just love sarcastic little Minho? And what is gonna happen to Newlia if Alby keeps Newt away from Olivia??? Another update coming soon!!! Xoxo.