My Benefactor Chapter Twenty Five

Start from the beginning

"Um, Dee?" I asked, quite hesitant if I should ask or not.

He smiled and replied. "Yes?"

"What am I to you now?"

He looked dumbfounded as I asked that question. "What do mean?"

I averted my gaze to the wall behind him unable to look. "I mean...uh...we confessed...we kissed...umm....you know..." Here I go again being a vague fool.

He chuckled catching on. "Oh that." he said and I blushed at my stupidity. He reached for my chin. " Reagan, look at me."

I didn't do what he asked me to so he asked again. "Look at me." and this time, it was demanding.

Slowly, I returend my gaze back to him as I waited for him to speak. It took him awhile as though contemplating, very intent in finding the right words to say and with a sigh, he asked in his soft voice without breaking eye contact. "Reagan, with all my heart, will you take a chance with me because from tomorrow on when I wake up, I want to say you are mine. So for that, as a man in love with you, please be mine?"

I smiled. All he needed to say was 'will you be my girlfriend' but he really sought out for the right words to say and right now...I was melting like butter. Literally.

Without hesitation, I replied with an audible 'yes'.

He smiled broadly and pulled me closer to him. "Thank you," he said. "I thought you were going to say no."

I chuckled and wrapped my arms around his waist. "For an old vampire, you sure sounded insecure right now."

He pulled away and shrugged. "Who knows, you might change your mind."

I laughed and hugged him again. "Dee, I would never change my mind." I said reassuring him. How could he ever doubt me? He truly didn't gave me credit at all and it slightly hurt my feelings but eventually, time itself would prove that reassurance.

We were silent for awhile, enjoying the closeness. All the awkwardness gone as the sound of crashing waves pierced into the night. After awhile, Derek broke the silence.

"Reagan,"  he murmured. "I have a question."

I pulled away from him."Yeah?" I asked perplexed."What is it?"

"Do you," he began kissing my cheek. "Like," he kissed my nose.

I giggled. "Like what?"

He smiled and leaned in to give me a long kiss on the lips then pulled away. "Do you like pie?"

Uh, say what?

What kind of a question is that? Was he trying to be funny? The only person I could pinned for being funny and immature was Cooper but Derek? This had to be a twisted version of Twilight Zone.

I was still digesting his peculiar question when all of a sudden, the baffoon guffawed at my puzzled moment. So the cocky centuries old pureblood knew how to 'go with the flow' but it sounded weird. Perturbing even. Maybe his formal and eloquent ways had made it sound off but right now, he was all 'eloquent up my butt'  and it wasn't even funny.

"God, I've always wanted to try that line," he chortled."You should have seen your face ma cherie." And he went for another round of laughing like a stupid donkey.

He had completely ruined the mood.I could definitely say Cooper rubbed his immaturity on him.

I huffed and turned my back on him. He was clearly making fun of me. "Yeah, whatever," I muttered with annoyance.