Chapter Thirteen:News

A sigh left my lips as I moved out of my-sorry- our room.  Andy was busy with the guys getting ready for a concert which left me at home all alone. Andy and I had a wonderful honeymoon in Cancun for about three weeks before deciding that it was time to go back home to our family. Of course I hadn’t been feeling well lately and I had a feeling of why.

Of course I didn’t want to tell Andy until I was completely sure so I had told him I wasn’t feeling well again and decided to just stay home tonight to get better.  The idiot nearly cancelled the concert to stay home and take care of me but Tessa stepped in on that account. A few of her usual threats and he was all but pushed out of his own house with the door slammed in his face.

“Are you sure of this sis?” Tessa asked once again as I locked the front door.

“Yeah, I need to know so that Andy and I can start to prepare a room if need be.”

“Do you even want a kid? I mean I know that you were always afraid of somehow, though I’m not sure how that could ever happen, like mom and dad.”

I stopped cold. Tessa had hit the deepest fear I had and made it verbal. Yes, I was completely and without a doubt afraid of having a kid because of my parents but… still. Looking down at my stomach I rubbed comforting circles. Images of what our kid might look like through the years brought a smile to my face, “Tessa… I think… I mean if I am pregnant then… I want this kid. I don’t think Andy would ever allow us to turn into our parents with this child and the more I think about having children… the more I want to keep it.”

Tessa chuckled, “You don’t even know if you’re pregnant yet!”

“I think I am, sometimes you just know these things,” We got into the car, “Still, it is a good thing to find out for sure.”

Strapping ourselves in I started up the car and we were on our way toward the supermarket to get a few tests.  It had been so long since I’d driven in the car with my sister that I’d forgotten how annoying she could be. The entire way there she wouldn’t stick with a song to the end! Just when we were getting there she turned it to another one! Eventually I just banned her from touching the radio.

Of course that didn’t really do much since I couldn’t enforce that rule and drive at the same time. When she wasn’t messing with the radio she was just gabbing on about everything I couldn’t care less about. Once we were in the parking lot of Target I all but hurled myself out of the car and with brusque steps made it into the store before she had even exited the car.

Heading straight for the isle with the pregnancy tests I grabbed two or three different brands. Going up to the counter I felt like chocolate so I grabbed a Milky Way Midnight bar as well and tossed it on the counter along with the boxes. “Ooooh, chocolate! Can I get some?” Tessa asked as she came over.

“If you buy your own then sure.”

“Aw, come on sissy!”

“What are you five?”

She pouted, “If I say yes then do I get a candy bar?”

“No.”

“Then no.”

                Tessa huffed but dropped the conversation while I finished paying for our stuff. Taking the bag we both exited Target and made our way home. Of course the ride back was just as much the same as the ride to Target but this time Tessa was attempting to steal my chocolate. That didn’t fly with me, you don’t take my chocolate! I was worse than CC with someone taking my food.

                Pulling into the driveway I exited the car and unlocked the door in a swift manner. Without even waiting for Tessa, I went into the bathroom to do the test. Those five minutes of waiting were perhaps some of the excruciating ones. It was like being on a diet where you have to wait fifteen minutes to eat the small bit of chocolate you’re allowed to have, utterly horrible. However once they were done I checked them.