PART 26: Stoned sex theories

Start from the beginning

“Every piece of my heart… Every piece of my body… Every piece of my soul…” I muttered locking my eyes into his.

“What?” he asked.

“Love… Love doesn’t exist, Will,” I mumbled laughing.

My head was spinning as the pill was making its way into my organism.

“No… No… No…” he said shaking his index finger.

“Love is real, Avery… Meaningful words said without second thought destroy everything…” he added.

“What do you mean?”

“We tend to say things we don’t mean because we know it’s what they want to hear.”

“But we make others happy this way.”

“Right…”

“Do you know what I think? We should not say things we don’t mean but when we love someone or need someone in our lives we should tell them… This way people know we actually want them to be around us…” I muttered not knowing how I managed to find the correct order of the words and create such a big phrase.

“I think you are true…”

“Aha…” I agreed.

“Avery?” Tristan asked.

“Every piece of my heart… Every piece of my body… Every piece of my soul… missed you every single moment after you left…” I murmured.

I knew it was totally irrelevant and it was like three in the morning but I needed to let this out.

“I know the feeling,” he replied looking away.

“Will you tell me what happened to you?”

“No.”

His facial features were cold and full of anger again as he clenched his jaw.

He whimpered lowly pressing his hand against his jaw.

“Is this any better?” I asked.

“Kinda…”

I couldn’t believe that Asher had lost control like that this morning. I mean, yeah, I could partially understand him but snapping at him like that was not exactly the most normal reaction. He seriously needed to learn how to control his anger already.

“Avery, want spend the day together?” he asked still refusing to look at me.

“Tomorrow, you mean?”

“Yup.”

“The day as in… the whole day? Together?” I repeated in shock.

“Yeah, Ave. Forget about the past and pretend that we are just people. No soul-destructive past, no doubtful present and no bleak future. Just the two of us. And the lump inside our stomachs.”

I glanced at my wrist. I couldn’t see my “Asher’s” tattoo in the middle of the complete darkness in my room but I could feel it there.

“Okay,” I mumbled uncertainly and shut my eyes.

But my future didn’t seem bleak when I was with Asher. I wasn’t the girl who would end up hating everyone around her in the process of fixing her soulless self. I could almost picture myself happy. Really happy. Genuinely happy. I could imagine my days being full of smiles, full of a pair of summer sky blue eyes looking at me lovingly and making me hate myself a little less every day.