The After Math -19

Start from the beginning

"Hey," Aleister breathes out.

"Hey, I noticed you were gone this morning."

Theo yells in the background, "HE WAS HERE?!?!"

I laugh slightly. Al replies, "Yeah, I have to show up to work every single day to make sure these idiots haven't burned my company to the ground. But I've been thinking... I'm ready."

I gasp quietly, "Ready for?" I didn't want to immediately assume he meant come out so I'm going to wait for him to say what he wants.

He takes a breath, "You know. I'm thinking we can start with your mom first. She deserves to know and then we'll find out what to do next after that."

Already? He wants her to know. As much as I would love to share to the world my love for him, I'm not sure if I'm ready.

But if he's ready and I tell him no, I may not have another chance.

I answer into the phone, "When do you want to?"

I hear him take another big breath, "Tonight?"

"Tonight?" I repeat.

That's kind of soon. Okay whatever, breathe Nate. You're a big boy, you can handle this.

"Okay, see you tonight." I hang up the phone.

Theo nudges me, "What's happening tonight?"

Lizzie doesn't say anything but looks at me expectantly.

"Alright, don't tell anyone, but I'm seeing my mom's boss and we're telling my mom tonight," I say nervously.

They both stare at me for a long time. Lizzie shakes her head, "No, but for real what's happening tonight?"

"That is what's happening tonight," I say.

They still both look uncertain.

"Okay fine, don't believe me but it's true," I speak with a little humor on my voice. They wanted me to tell them and when I did they don't believe me.

Theo squints his eyes, "Are you being serious? What does he look like, a 50 year old man?"

I shrug my shoulders as if to say 'I don't know maybe' but then I pull out my phone and Google his name. He's very popular with tons of magazines articles on him. I pull up the first picture and it's of him in a blue jean outfit looking sexily into the camera.

"Damn, I'd turn for him," Theo says.

"And he's rich," I add.

Lizzie hips up, "Would he be down for a polyamorous relationship?"

I laugh hard, "Goodbye."

Lizzie rolls her eyes and plops down on my couch and Theo follows. My mom opens the door, "Kids I'm home, if I find mushrooms or weed I'm going to be upset because you didn't wait for me to join!"

I shake my head and laugh because if I did bring drugs, which there probably were some, she'd be pissed.

Carson comes downstairs and says Hi to my mom and then literally runs back upstairs in the span of 15 seconds. He's always been really into his games, I guess some things never change.

Mom comes in and says, "Hey, what'd you do all night?"

I immediately get nervous when I see her. I'm not sure if I'm ready to tell her just yet. What if she never talks to me again? I start to shake a little bit.

But I don't let my nervousness show, "Oh nothing, Lizzie, Rosie, Theo, and our new friend Ryan stayed the night and we just hung out."

I wasn't entirely lying.

She nods and glances around the room to see if anything was out of the ordinary, "Okay, well I'm gonna go upstairs and get undressed then."

She goes halfway upstairs before I stop her, "Hey mom, I have to have a talk with you later tonight okay?"

She looks a little skeptical as if she were afraid of what was going to be talked about but she just nods, "Uh okay sure."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

(A/N) Sorry that my chapters are so short, they use to be longer but it took me foreverrrr to update and this way I can get chapters to you faster. Since we're close to 100k reads I'm gonna do a Q and A so just ask me questions and I will for sure answer them. I look at every single comment. I love you guys!

Vote, comment, share maybe?

-Emily