Chapter Thirteen - Endless Skies

Start from the beginning

"You know, you really are one-of-a-kind, Pavs."

---

As we approached Michael and Nicola's apartment later that night, I could barely contain my excitement. Michael had told me to keep the engagement a secret from not only the guys, but Daniela, too.

Knowing darn well those twenty-some guys, along with their wives and girlfriends, were inside the apartment, made it even better.

"Pavs!" Mark shouted.

I smiled and nodded, intertwining fingers with Daniela and leading her into the apartment.

"Hey guys," she said quietly, reacquainting herself to the rest of the ladies.

"Ondrej, come here a minute!" Michael called me to the kitchen.

"What's up?" I said, nonchalantly.

"How was your trip?" He asked, clearly nervous and anxious.

"Fine?" I hummed, watching as he paced back and forth.

I looked down at the table, where the little velvet box sat. I picked it up and lightly tossed it to him.

"What are you waiting for?" I questioned, patting him on the shoulder.

"Well, I was waiting for my best friend-"

"The wait's over now, isn't it?" I smirked, raising a brow.

"I guess it is." He smiled warmly, nodding slightly.

He lead me out from the kitchen, to the living area, where all our teammates were sitting.

Really, the greatest friends you could've asked for, were sitting before us.

I slugged Michael in the arm gently, before heading off to sit next to Daniela on the floor.

He looked over at me and smiled, winking.

I wrapped a protective arm around Daniela, as Michael began to speak.

"Nicola Dankova," Michael hummed, holding his hand out before her, until he grabbed it. "How sweet the sound. Who could've imagined I'd be here, right now, with you, along with all of our best friends?"

I looked around at all the guys and their partners, embracing one another.

"Without you, I don't think I'd be where I am today. You encouraged me to continue playing hockey, to never give up, and be myself and do what I loved most... Play hockey. That is, until I met you. Hockey was always second when it came to having the opportunity to be with you. And for that, I want to thank you. I couldn't really think of any other way to thank you, than to buy you this ring..."

His voice trailed off, as he lowered onto one knee.

"Nicola, will you make my dreams come true, and make me the happiest guy in the world, and you marry me?"

She nodded her head simply. And as the two embraced, I peered around the room.

Next to me, Daniela's eyes were filled with tears - along with all the other women. And the smiles upon the other guy's faces were priceless.

I couldn't have asked for anything better than what I was given. This truly was were I was meant to be.

I really am blessed.

I just hoped, deep down, Anna was watching over us from above...

---

A/N:

God, I feel like this was a garbage ending. I wanted to make it as sincere and special as I could, but I also wanted to get it updated ASAP. Although, there will be a VERY special epilogue to come. So, stay tuned!

As always, feedback and votes are always, always appreciated!

-Courtie :) xx