"Sakura-sama! Sakura-sama, can you hear me?"

She didn't reply.

"I told you not to overwork yourself..." he sighed.

Day 20

"Go back to bed."

"I told you, I'm fine."

"You ran a fever of 107 degrees Fahrenheit yesterday and could barely stand on your own. You're still sick, Sakura-sama!"

"I'm fine enough. Really."

"Sakura-sama!"

Sakura abruptly stopped and turned around, Kabuto nearly crashing into her. She gave him a bright smile and paid no mind to how her cheeks flushed red with the heat of her fever. "I have a duty, Kabuto. I'm not letting a small bug stop me," she said. "Here. Let me just get through all the important things that stacked up on my desk, and then I'll get back to bed. Happy?"

Kabuto pursed his lips. "... Fine. But nothing too strenuous."

As the two entered the office, they spotted Bunko on the desk. Her feathers were ruffled in all directions and her wings were extended out half way, like she just landed. Never had they seen her so unreserved.

"Sakura-san. Kabuto-san. This letter from the leader of Jomae Village is of utmost importance!"

To the Dear Otokage; Haruno Sakura

Ah. So this is how it turns out to be. What, you may ask? Well, do you remember just who we are? Jomae. Those who thrive on espionage.

We don't exactly make friends, you see.

You're rather young and still naive of mind. I don't blame you for not seeing this coming. What we want? What we always do. Information. Out spies don't seem to be very productive, as they always end up dead from poisoning. Perhaps it was a mistake to train your shinobi in our arts... but a ruse is a ruse.

So we'll take the more straightforward approach this time. A treat. Give us the information we desire or there will be dire consequences. I'll trust you'll make the correct decision.

And come yourself. It'll be more intriguing that way. Send anyone else and I, definitely, will personally deliver four packaged hearts to your doorstep.

Best Wishes,

Jomae Village Head

A chuunin came into the office at that moment.

"Ma'am! We have four confirmed disappearances of civilian children. Would you like us to launch an investigation?"

Kabuto's attention immediately went to Sakura. Her face was carefully passive, though her arms were so tense that her veins became visible on the underside of her forearms as he knuckles grew ghostly white. "No. I'll be taking care of that myself."

He knew it would be useless to try to dissuade her from what she was about to do, so he accepted it with a tilt of his head.

"I'll send Hoshigaki-san after you. Kakuzu-san and I will keep watch in your absence," he said. She nodded, spun on her heel, and strut out of the office. Her eyes were lagoons of threatening anger, and those in the hallways jumped out of her way from the deadly aura she emitted. There were few incidents when they saw pure fury seethe from her very being. They all very quickly learned not to bother her in this state. If they did, they'd run the risk of pissing themselves or accidentally being sent through numerous walls.