Chapter Two

"Have you guys seen Tobin?" Alex asked worriedly.

The Seattle Reign keeper and Red Stars forward shook their heads.

"Sorry, Baby Horse," Christen replied, tossing her hair over her shoulder. "I've been out all day with Jules. I just found out Tobs was missing."

"Kelley texted me and told me," Hope added. "But I haven't seen her at all. Not since dinner last night."

Alex slid to the ground, covering her face with her hands.

"This is all my fault!" she moaned. "If I hadn't chose Servando..."

Alex paused.

"I-I don't know what to do, guys," she finished, shakily.

Christen hesitated before sitting beside Alex, and putting a hand on her shoulder.

"It'll be okay," she said softly. "We'll find her."

"You said Tobin left all of her luggage at the hotel?" Hope asked, her eyes narrowing.

Alex nodded.

"All except her phone and wallet."

"Have you tried calling her?"

"I've tried," Alex muttered. "But she won't answer."

"Has anyone else tried contacting her?"

"Kelley tried. She hung up after Kelley asked where she was."

"Then she doesn't want to be found," Hope said, firmly. "That's just it. Tobin needs to come to her own realization by herself, and we have to respect that."

"Hope-" Christen tried to say.

"It's okay, Christen," Alex sighed. "Hope's right. It's the truth and... We have to accept it."

----------------------------------------------

As dusk fell over the city, Tobin searched for a place to sleep. She wasn't drunk- no, the beer left a hangover that she couldn't stand- but she was high off of all the cigs she'd been smoking, which is why, she thought, she was hearing and seeing things. Tobin swore the footsteps behind her sounded real, but was convinced it was her imagination.

A couple of times she glanced back, but if someone was following her, they kept to the shadows and were unseen.

Finally, she could take it no more.

"Is someone there?" Tobin yelled.

A couple moments passed, and Tobin was ready to turn back. But before she could, another girl stepped out into the open.

"Sorry," the girl apologized, twirling her light hair around. "But you looked like you could use some company."

Tobin tilted her head to the side and studied the girl. She wasn't tall, but she wasn't short, either, maybe about 5ft 5. She had light blonde hair and was wearing a faded "Old Navy" sweatshirt, jeans, and dark blue tennis shoes.

"What's your name?" Tobin asked, suspiciously.

"Hannah," the girl replied. "You looked lonely, so I wanted to tell you, I have a shelter a few blocks away with some of my friends."

Hannah started to walk away.

"You coming?" she called over her shoulder.

Tobin hesitated.

Maybe it won't be that bad, she assured herself. I could use some company. Just for a little while.

She smiled.

"I'm coming, Hannah."