Twin Catastrophe 4: The Twin's Promise (Last Part)

I woke up when I felt someone in the room. I was stunned to see someone in front of me. I know now how Hollen discovered about me and Sofia having dinner. "Avery"

"Morning sleepy head"

"Is it you who told Hollen about me and Sofia?"

"So, her name is Sofia ha. I just happen to saw you and her eating together so I told Hollen about it. I didn't mean to make you fight but Hollen did throw you out ha"

"Shut up" I said as I stood up "What are you doing here? Who allow you to come here?"

"I'm your business partner and I once owned this place" she sat down on the couch "Are you leaving her forever?"

"When did you come back?"

"Just the other day, will you come back to me? Or are you going to your other woman?"

"Sofia is a good friend. When are you leaving?"

"I just come back here"

I looked at her "When are you leaving?"

"I'm staying here"

"What?!"

"Surprise?" she smirk "Don't worry. I won't make your life miserable cause you already are."

"Get out"

"Why? I own this place"

"Get out, I need to change. I need to go to work"

She smiled "Go ahead. I already seen your body a hundred times"

Yeah, my brother's body

"Get out or I'll throw you out"

She stood up "Alright" she said as she walks out.

I locked the door so that she wouldn't sneak in. I went to the bathroom and took off my shirt. I took out the bandages wrapping my breast... I looked at the mirror... guess I don't need bandages to wrap it because both of it are gone but I don't want to see the stitches on it because it reminds me that I have only six years to live.

I was on peak of my career when there are signs showing of a breast cancer. When I consulted a doctor, she told me that I needed to undergo mastectomy and my right breast should be removed as the cancer cells have already spread. I thought when I went to that operation, it would stop it but it doesn't. The next year, my left breast was removed. And then, life was unfair... again, this cancer cells wouldn't leave me. No doctor could cure me. They gave me medicines to slow down the cancer cell spread... and I was told that I only have a maximum of eight years to live. I was frustrated... I have money and career but only have eight years to live... I always ask myself 'What's the meaning of life when you only have short years to live?' and then Zhan's letter came. So I resigned and flew back home. I was surprised to see Zhan in a hospital fighting for the same sickness.... but then his life is shorter than mine. He told me the reason he wanted to talk to me, about him and Hollen's plan, they only needed seven years... maybe this is what my life's meaning... to have a family, to have someone to share your life with and to be happy.

People are staring at me when I went to the office, guess they knew already. As I went to my department,

"Sir, the president just called, he wanted to talk to you"

"Alright" I said as I went to dad's office.

Dad was looking seriously at me when I went in

"You wanted to see me?"

"Have a seat"

I seated in one of the chair

"Hollen called me in the middle of the night. She was crying"