Chapter 15 - I'd Do It For You (Part 2)

{2 Days Later}

"Ready boss?" I asked Mello while he laughed at me calling him my boss. We both knew he was submissive. "Ready as I'll ever be." He lied. I could tell.

"Okay let's do this!" I enthused. "Yay let's prepare for this mental torture!" Mello retorted sarcastically.

I walked to my red battered up car and Mello readied himself on his motorcycle (badass Mello?).

"Matt?" He asked and I hummed in reply.

"I love you more than anyone I've ever loved in my entire life. I'll never regret meeting you." He said his goodbyes, this mission could result in our deaths.

"I love you too Miheal Kheel. I thought I'd never see you again but you came back for me. Thank you." I stepped closer to him and kissed him.

The kiss told it all. The guilt, sadness, frustration, anticipation. Everything. "Goodbye Miheal I hope we'll get through this in one piece. And not one big flat piece." I chuckled but he didn't find it funny.

"Goodbye Mail." He said and I felt happy. If I died I would at least die a happy man.

I climbed into the car and lit a cigarette and pulling my goggles over my eyes. I sped off then. Out of sight. I slowed when I reached my hot spot. I pulled out the gun. And without a second thought I shot and the blinding gas filled the air.

I sped for real then. In a goose chase with what seemed like the police. So they'd have in to Kira too huh?

So much for justice.

They circled me and I got up holding my hands up in surrender. Trying to add humour to the terrifying situation.

"Since when did the Japanese carry such big guns?" I asked and they seemed to take their aim.

"You won't shoot!" I smirked. Wrong. A milli second later they all fired dragging me around the road with the force applied to me. The cigarette once in my mouth fell to my fur lined waist coat.

And here I am now. Tears sliding down my face. All I can think of is Mello. Oh god. Oh god why?

This must be a dream please please be a nightmare! No this is real I can feel the led inside of me. Paralysing me from head to toe. "Mello. Remember that time you smashed the mirror in our room at Wammys. You were so frustrated with your hair not going right. Fuck, our problems changed. I almost remember you demanding I gave you a cigarette to release stress. I would never endanger you like that."

"It's all just smoke and mirrors with us Mells it always has been. A facade. Almost our whole lives we have hidden everything behind an illusion."

"But we were no illusion Mello we are real. We were the only real things we ever had. We only ever had each other."

I can feel it. Was this hell? Heaven? Or just death.

"I'm sorry I left you with nothing Mello."

A light. I bright one at that. Shit its bright.

"M-Mello?" I ask myself as I see him. Why is he here?

"Matt." He said and I reached out to him.

"We could never leave half of ourselves on earth." Mello said. "And you are my other half."

"We are forever my red headed friend."

"I knew that already goldilocks."  I replied.

The End