7. Matching

Troye groaned with frustration, wiping tiny droplets of sweat from his forehead. "Damn you, Tilly," he heard Tyler's trademark cackle from the hall, and moved to follow him outside, picking up the stuffed box with effort.

Tyler silently patted the spot in the back of the truck for Troye to put the box down, and the other boy complied.

"Hell, this shit is heavy," Troye complained.

Tyler shook his head at him, "I mean, girl, you haven't seen the boxes with clothes. I literally can't even push them."

"Then how are we supposed to carry them?" Troye flailed his hands in exasperation.

"They are going to help us," Tyler replied, pointing a finger at the approaching car. As the car pulled over in front of the house next to the truck, Troye saw that it was actually packed with people, and there were a few boxes and something resembling a black board in the trunk.

"What are they doing here?" Troye whispered, watching the swim team members exit the car, slamming the doors unceremoniously.

"What's up?" Ricky greeted them, crawling from the driver's seat. "Ready to move?" he sent both Tyler and Troye a friendly smile.

Nonchalant as always, Tyler wiggled his finger at Ricky and JC, "You! There are some boxes in the bedroom upstairs, and neither Troye nor I can lift them. So you will be in charge of them."

JC whined loudly, "Why do we always get the shittiest part?"

Tyler raised his eyebrow in a no-nonsense manner, raising his index finger in emphasis, "Justin, Richard, I expect you not to be little bitches."

Kian just snorted at them mockingly, wiggling his eyebrows, "Yeah, Justin, Richard, please."

Upon seeing Ricky's exasperation, Connor burst into laughter, as he opened the trunk of Ricky's car, turning to look at Tyler, "So, how should we do this? Take all of your stuff out and then bring my stuff in?"

Tyler nodded, "Yes, otherwise everything's gonna get all mixed up. I don't wanna go to San Francisco with a whole box of your precious coffee beans," he jabbed jokingly.

Connor scoffed in reply, "And I don't wanna get stuck here with a box of your sex toys."

At Tyler's questioning 'Don't you, though?' everyone, except Troye, laughed again.

"What is going on, guys?" he asked, looking at Tyler with wide eyes.

"Connor is moving into my place," Tyler replied simply.

"Oh, but isn't it too small for all of you?" Troye asked all the boys, noticing how Kian crossed his arms, frowning down at Troye.

"No, it's just Connor," Ricky replied curtly, ending the conversation, as he moved to enter the house, everyone following suit, leaving Troye to stand on the sidewalk awkwardly by himself.

Troye, being the least strong, was eventually assigned to wrap the dishes into paper and pack them. The job was tedious, and he felt a little bit envious of all the laughter that he heard from the hall. On the other hand, he was glad he was stuck with less exhausting task than other boys.

"Hey Troye boy," Connor poked his head into the kitchen, smiling brightly at him, "How are you doing here all alone?"

Troye sent him a small smile, continuing to wrap the plates, "I'm just glad it's not me currently assembling your desk."

"Oh my god, I'm sure Ricky's gonna flip over soon, because Kian secretly threw out a bunch of screws, and now everything there is a total mess, and nothing works," Connor laughed, putting his hand on the back of his hand in frustration.