Ch: 10 "I think you're going soft"

"Hey, do you wanna come over to mine? We could study or just hang out?" Amber asked a few days later, as we were leaving college.

"Yeah, sure" I agreed, smiling and quickly texting my mom that I won't be home, so she doesn't freak out.

"Hey!" I looked up from my phone to see Luke, jogging across the green, towards us.

"Have you guys made up?" Amber asked me quietly and I just nodded, smiling at Luke.

"What's up?" I asked him when he came close enough to hear.

"Can I give you a ride home?" He replied, slightly out of breath. I would've been dying if I had just jogged for longer than 30 seconds, not gonna lie.

"I'm actually going to Amber's" I gave him my 'sorry' look, taking hold of his hand.

"Then I'll drive both of you?" He shrugged, taking my other hand. I could see Amber watching us.

"I have a car" she spoke up, and Luke's face dropped.

"I'll call you later" I promised, I stroked the side of his head, feeling his hair and he bent down, kissing me softly.

"Luke" I said in surprise. He never kissed me in broad daylight, in public before.

"Shhh" he kissed me again and I had to push him away after a couple of seconds. I didn't want Amber to get uncomfortable.

"I'll call you" I repeated, my hands leaving him and he sighed.

"Fine" Luke exasperated in a huff but kissed my cheek once more, regardless.

"Get out of here" I laughed, pushing his shoulder away. "Talk later."

"Sure. Bye, Amber" Luke waved politely before leaving our company.

"You liar!" Amber exclaimed, slapping my arm. "Just friends my ass!"

"Shut up" I rolled my eyes, although I couldn't keep the grin off my face nor the blush from my cheeks. Damn you, Luke Hemmings.

******

"So how long have you and Luke been dating?" Amber asked a while later when we were at her house, eating pizza.

"I was wondering when you were gonna bring it up" I told her, delving into a another slice.

"Well, can you blame me?" She rolled her eyes, but looked giddy for my reply.

"Couple of weeks. We're not really together" I shrugged, trying to make it look like it didn't bother me. When in reality, it really did.

"Well I can tell he really likes you" she smiled and I just nodded, I wasn't completely sure. "Honestly, he seems keen."

"I hope so" I smiled sheepishly to myself, I did really like Luke, more than I thought I would. I just wasn't sure he likes me as sure. "What about you? Let's talk about your love life"

"Oh please!" She laughed out life. "There is no love life with me, nuh uh, boy's don't like me" she shook her head, with a smile on her face but I could tell it wasn't genuine.

"Shut up, you'll probably get laid before I do! It's always the quiet ones, you know" I shrugged, making her laugh.

"You better be right" Amber warned and I rolled my eyes jokingly.

*****

"Hey, your phone rang" Amber told me when I came back from the bathroom. 3 miss calls from Luke. I clicked his number, sitting on Amber's bed and listening for the ring tone.