Chapter 9

A/N: Hey guys! I just wanted to say a few things! There is a chapter after this note. Feel free to skip it if you want! 

 First of all I want to say THANK YOU to all of you that are reading this! I love writing and having supporters is AMAZING! I love you all.

Secondly, I want to say that Steve and the rest of the Avengers will come back soon. I needed all of this to happen, so I hope you don't mind that there aren't too many characters in these few chapters. This story WILL GO THROUGH AGE OF ULTRON, so there will be plenty of the Avengers starting in a few chapters.

If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments or message me! I would love to answer questions about this story or if anything is not clear, please point it out! This is a learning experience for me, so I want to know what you think!

Please comment!

Thank you again!

Now, please resume your regularly scheduled reading.

********************************

My memories of school were gone. I couldn't remember my first love, or if I even had one. I couldn't remember my childhood home. I could hardly remember my parent's faces. Their voices were almost impossible to remember. I don't know what my mom does in her spare time. I don't know if my dad likes to play sports or work on cars or just work all the time. I don't know anything about them.

I don't remember living anywhere other than my cramped apartment in New York. All I know about myself is where I live, where I worked and that I hardly had a social life to speak of. I remember weekly meetings with Steve Rogers. I remember, having lunch with a few people from work once or twice.

And that is all I remember. Whatever my life was, whoever I used to be, that's all gone. Now I am these things and these things only.

The door opened and Wanda walked in. She didn't, wouldn't, look at me anymore. She just came in, stole my life, one memory at a time, and left day after day. It never changed, so when I saw her, I just closed my eyes and prepared myself to lose even more.

I sat on the couch reading a book. I hadn't been feeling quite right for a few days now. I couldn't quiet place what was wrong, but it was enough that I had called off work for a few days in a row. I hadn't left the house in three days and didn't plan to if I kept feeling this way.

It was like my insides ached all over, but especially in my chest. It wasn't exceptionally painful, but it definitely didn't feel good. And on top of that I had been really cold. I shivered almost constantly, and had to cover myself in several blankets just to function. My mom had told me to go to a doctor, but I had insisted I would be fine if I just got a few days rest.

That hadn't exactly been going to plan either though. Every time I lay down, attempting to sleep, my dreams were haunted with a blue light. I didn't know what it was or why it was so frightening, but it set my whole body on edge. I woke up with shivers and goose bumps covering my entire body every time I managed to fall asleep. I knew there was no reason to be scared of a dream that was literally just a pulsing blue light, but I couldn't help it.

So, I had read three books and watched way too many movies, but I hadn't really slept much at all. I had all but given up on sleep, and could only hope that whatever was going on would pass soon.

Just as I was about to give up on the book I was reading and try another movie, my entire apartment shook violently and then I heard what sounded like an explosion. My heart nearly beat out of my chest and adrenaline filled my veins. I ran to the window to see what had happened.