I don't know what to feel anymore. But I know it shouldn't be like this. I should have felt nothing. I should have stopped feeling things months ago. This is wrong. It's like that small spark of fire I've been trying to kill for so damn long have lit up again, and I don't know how the fuck I could extinguish the flame. But I have to.

It doesn't mean that if it feels right, it's right. You can be wrong.

Cinderella says, "Just because it's what's done, doesn't mean it's what should be done."

But who am I kidding? Who listens to fairy tales, anyway? This isn't a fairy tale, no matter how it feels so magical. There are no fairies and magic wands and glass slippers and seven dwarves and talking teacups and magic carpets. No. This is just plain boring real life, and you just have to deal with it. You may find your prince, but you could be wrong. Either way, there's no happily ever after.

The point is, this isn't right. And I'm just really confusing myself about everything.

Why does this even have to happen? I was being fine with Luke being far away, and just being with Nick. Did we really have to be on the same flight? Did we really have to meet at the rooftop on the party? Did he really have to be the only guy left in the house when Melissa invited me over? Did it really have to rain that day, and make me stay in their house alone with him?

WHY?

I snapped out of my trance, and decided to just turn the music off.

This is beginning to get unhealthy. I turned my laptop off and decided to take a shower, hoping it would help me feel a bit cool.

.

.

.

Luke's POV

"Whose pants and shirt are those in the bathroom?" Calum asked, as he goes out of the bathroom with just a towel wrapped around his waist. His hair was still wet and flat on his head.

"It's been there two days and you've just noticed?" I said, continuing to pluck on the guitar.

"I took a bath downstairs yesterday because you were taking too fucking long." Calum said. "Now, whose clothes were those?"

I took a deep breath, knowing the kind of reaction Calum would have after I answer. "Sydny's." I said softly.

"SYD-- what?" He laughed. "Are you kidding?"

"Do I look like I am?" I said, turning to look at him with a serious look on my face.

"Man, you're so grumpy today again." He rolled his eyes. "What happened? Why are her clothes here? Did you... you know?" He started making inappropriate gestures with his hands.

"No!" I groaned, throwing a pillow at him. "Goddammit, Calum."

"Then what happened?" He started putting some clothes on.

"Melissa invited her over here, and she agreed because she thought you guys were here too, but you weren't." I said.

"You're welcome." He smirked.

I just rolled my eyes. "Then we went out for coffee, and just as we were going back, it rained. So she had to stay. Michael and Melissa left, leaving just the two of us here."

"And?"

"We.. uh." I bit my lip. "We watched a movie."

"Oh." Calum laughed again. "Netflix and chill?"

"NO!" I frowned. "We didn't do anything like that. Just kissed."

Despite his non-stop referral to dirty shits, his eyes widened. "You kissed?"