Chapter 3: Zoey Edge

Author's Note:

Heyy guys! Lol, I'm serious about this story for once. I have no clue why. *GASP!* hehe. But i discovered i was serious when I wrote out the characters and plot and events I wanted to happen & put them in order. So hehe, I have a few tricks up my sleeve(; You're going to be so utterly shocked at some parts! >:D

Oh!!!& that's Collin over on the side:)

Chapter 3

"Hey, Collin?"

He looked up from his X-Box.

"Can you give me a ride to the library? I need to study and maybe check out a few books for my free time."

Collin paused, thinking about it. "Okay. Let's go."

Fifteen minutes later I was sitting on the library floor with three large, opened books surrounding me. I bit the inside of my cheek and scribbled a note down in my notebook. History had never been my favorite subject to chat about. I mean, I wasn't dumb, of course, I just had a bad memory. It was the one subject I had to try hard and study for. Okay, well, curse math, but all the rest I'm perfectly fine at.

"Damn you, Lincoln, why did you have to do so many things in your life?" I muttered, annoyed, and wrote something else down on the sheet that was already about used up.

"History homework?"

I jumped and looked up to see a girl with wavy brown hair. She looked to be around 5'6" or 5'6" and had brown eyes that were almost black. She had one hand on her hip and there was a smirk on her lips.

"Yeah. Too bad I'm bad at the subject." I gave her a wry smile.

"Same here; don't feel bad. I'm Zoey."

I took the hand Zoey held out and shook it. "I'm Star. It's nice to meet you."

"Mmm, right. I've heard of you."

I looked at her, startled. "Really? How?"

"Just about everyone in this town knows you and your big brother. The Williams. From all the gossip I've overheard, I know that your favorite color is blue and that Collin's favorite video game is Halo: Reach. I know that Mason is your brother's best friend and one of your numerous body guards." She grinned.

"Whoa. That's so weird." I raised my eyebrows. "We should hang out sometime." I flashed her a wide, friendly smile. "We just shouldn't meet up at a library...lame."

Zoey laughed. "Yeah, it would be great to chill with you, but I don't know if any of your popular acquaintances would approve of you hanging out with me."

"What do you mean?"

"Ask somebody else. Sure enough you'll get an answer." She stuck out her hand. "Give me your phone." I pulled it out of her pocket and put it in her palm. Her thumbs flew across the keyboard for a minute before she gave it back to me. "I've gotta run." Then she turned and walked away.

I scrolled through my contacts to find a new number saved into it. Zoey Edge. What an odd last name. But it fit her personality. I put my phone back in my pocket and returned to the thick book I was reading.

After Lincoln's assassination..., I scribbled. I was sitting there for twenty minutes, filling up page after page for my report, when a deep voice made my pen zip down the page, leaving a long black line.

I looked up to Aaron's light gaze. "What are you doing, stalking me?" I asked coldly.

"Nah, not really, though I might have done so soon enough if I didn't see you again." He seemed like the same old Aaron I used to know, the non-bully one. The one who mocked the bullies, stood up against them.