Chapter 1: The Queen of Video Games

Author's Note:

So. Hope you likeyyy.(:

Chapter One

Star's POV

"Star! Someone is on the phone for you!" came my older brother's voice from downstairs. I raced down to the living room, only to face a roomful of boys. Popular boys. My brother was standing in the middle of them, phone in his hand. Every one of them were looking at me.

"Is it Mom?" I asked breathlessly.

He shook his head. "Katie." I took the phone and turned away, walking away from the crowded living room.

"Hey - what's..." I was cut off and immediately stopped before I had exited the living room.

"OH MY GOD!" I screeched, not caring about the boys who were surely eyeing me as if I was crazy right about now. "YOU DIDN'T. I SWEAR TO GOD, KATIE-"

"Er...Star?" my brother said somewhere behind me. I ignored him.

And suddenly, Katie stood in front of me with my enemy - and, unfortunately, Katie's other best friend - in tow behind her.

"Damn it, Katie Andy Resolda!" I snapped, flicking the phone shut and glaring at her. "I'm not trying to be friends with him." He looked hot, of course, with his dirty blonde hair and blazing green eyes fixed upon me, but that was way beside the point. He had practically ruined my life when we were younger. We used to be best friends, until we got into a fight and he started horrible, untrue rumors about me.

 "Hey, you hung up on me," Katie said, shaking her brown head.

My brother stood right behind me. "Why the hell did you bring him here, Katie?" Collin demanded with venom in his voice. He was really protective of me, and since Aaron did that to me, he'd hated Aaron almost more than me. Nobody messed with his baby sister. That was the rule. Sure, his buddies could joke around with me, but nothing harsh or Collin would blow up.

"Star, Collin, come on. Give Aaron a chance. He's said sorry how many times?"

Aaron shifted around Katie. I tensed and backed up, right into Collin's chest.

"Get out, Aaron," Collin ordered coldly.

"Look, I want to be friends again-"

"Get out," a new voice interfered. Ah, my brother's best friend and a really hot guy. A knight in shining armor. His dark hair was mused, chocolate brown eyes glaring, his tan skin glowing in the light.

"Damn it, Aaron, we picked a bad time to come. Let's go."

They squeezed past my knight in shining armor. Okay, yes, I had a crush on him. But can you blame me? He's like a friggin' god or something. Hehe, that sounded weird.

"Hey Collin, hey Star."

"Hi, Mason. I'm gonna go to my room. See ya. And thanks." I squeezed past, trying not to touch him, but our bare arms brushed.

A guy's voice drifted back from the living room. "Yo, Star! Come back. We need you to kick Collin's butt in this video game!" I grinned and turned back around, grateful that Mason had already flopped onto the couch.

"No problem," I agreed cheerfully. I took a controller and sat ungracefully on the arm of a chair, which Collin was sitting in. He scowled at me briefly, but I'd ignored him. I owned everyone. Eventually, it turned into a gamble. Whoever won got something from their opponent. I ended up receiving a pack of gum - which I'd generously offered around - a watch, a penny (I know, a penny?), a cheap ring, a Snickers, and Mason's t-shirt because he didn't have anything in his pockets. Hehe. I could barely keep my eyes off of him.